LINCOLN 225

/ LINCOLN 225 #71  
I understand where DX1EL is coming from, wanting a USA built machine. Also not wanting to gamble on a inverter. None of us have a crystal ball to see how long these inverters will last. But so far I've seen it twice here with Longevity that there was a problem with their machines and they replaced them. I have no reason to believe Mark with Everlast wouldn't do the same thing.

I don't remember what my power bill was when I built my bridge crane with my Miller 330 A/BP but I do remember it went up considerably, and I only ran 5/32-inch 7018. Personally I don't weld enough to care about the power bill one way or the other. But I do love the control these inverters have over the puddle, maybe I'm just impressed easily :laughing:

/ LINCOLN 225 #72  
I understand where DX1EL is coming from, wanting a USA built machine. Also not wanting to gamble on a inverter. None of us have a crystal ball to see how long these inverters will last.

Carl, your patience and compassion puts me to shame. Give me a few more years to let my hot head mellow and maybe I'll stop yelling at people on the Internet and actually start being helpful more often. You should have seen me in my twenties!

/ LINCOLN 225 #73  
:laughing:You should have seen me in my twenties, thirties, forties, well I started slowing down in my fifties, now I'm pretty much stopped.:eek:

/ LINCOLN 225
Restoration Mission aborted.
Looking to get my money back at the local scrapyard

/ LINCOLN 225 #76  
:laughing:You should have seen me in my twenties, thirties, forties, well I started slowing down in my fifties, now I'm pretty much stopped.:eek:

Hey carl, I remember not too long ago you complimented me on not sugar coating things. I think you're just at the point that something has to really, really stir the cauldron to get you at your best. I'd mention a name(from another forum) but I really look forward to your posts and don't want you to damage your computer. :laughing: Maybe it's called wisdom?:D

Hey, that quote thing worked. All this new technology anyway. I wonder if the OP's computer is made in China? Most of the ones I see in banks and other big businesses say made in China. A $300 inverter with a 5 year warranty works out to $60 a year even if it dies.

/ LINCOLN 225 #77  
I've been accused of being a shill here before:rolleyes:. I keep telling you guys I could care less what brand welder anyone buys. I have a Toyota pickup, and a Dodge 1-ton, again I could care less what brand of truck a guy buys. When it comes to welding, only thing I hate to see is a new weldor wanting to buy an AC only machine! But if he has his heart set on it, again I could care less! I only pass along my experience with certain machines I have run, or I will say I read about certain things. Back when I was working it was mostly Miller, and Lincoln engine drives out in the field, in the yards it was mostly Miller, and Lincoln electric machines, but every once in a while there would be an old Airco, or Linde, very seldom would I see a Hobart, but sometimes. First inverter I ever used was a Miller Dynasty, this was in Miller's testing facility in North West Chicago, got to run every welder Miller had on the market at that time, with Miller techs showing us how to use them. One of the techs spent an hour or so showing me what the Dynasty could do with aluminum, I fell in love with the Dynasty 300, so I bought one, and was very disappointed with it for SMAW! When Mark joined here, and reading his posts it was obvious he knows his welding! I called Mark and had a long conversation with him, and bought the PA-200. WOW! I was impressed, but the non-adjustable hot start, and arc force only wet my appetite. Then I found a good deal on Craigs list for a used Lincoln V350-Pro, Construction model. OK now I'm hooked!:laughing: I was just floored at how much control a welding machine could have over the puddle. The more I thought about buying a used machine, I went a head and bought the top of the line model with the extra 2-year warranty. How long will it last? Knowing my luck, 1-day after the 5-year warranty is up! But the Dynasty is 8 or 9-years old now, no problems, knock on wood!