Weird torch question for you guys

/ Weird torch question for you guys #1  

weldermike

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L4400
One of the machinests at work just found this torch buried in a old cabinet and gave it to me, which was cool! My question is at first I thought it was damaged, but after going through it, there are no marks indicating it got damaged. Has any of you guys seen a curved torch like this? Even the oxy lever is offset on a angle as for purpose to fit the rest of the design. At first I would have swore it was damaged, but all the evidence point toward thats how it was built. Am I hallucinating?

ForumRunner_20130507_132149.png

ForumRunner_20130507_132225.png

/ Weird torch question for you guys #2  
Never seen one like that.:confused3:
But I use to work with, and had several guys work for me over the years that could break a cannon ball, so a torch wouldn't have a snow balls chance with guys like that!:laughing:

/ Weird torch question for you guys
Never seen one like that.:confused3:
But I use to work with, and had several guys work for me over the years that could break a cannon ball, so a torch wouldn't have a snow balls chance with guys like that!:laughing:

I was confused as well, then got to thinking maybe its a offset straight torch for overhead so your hand will be ofssset from slag drop. Still just guessing, looks to perfect and with the offset oxy lever its a real head scratcher. The company is, S-S torch company Brooklyn NY. Label says they have been around since 1914.

ForumRunner_20130507_151310.png

/ Weird torch question for you guys #4  
Arc Weld, or yomax4 will probably know what it is for.

/ Weird torch question for you guys #5  
If you google the serial number, it indicates that it is a military torch first issued in 1963. Figures the the military couldn't get it straight! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you google the serial number, it indicates that it is a military torch first issued in 1963. Figures the the military couldn't get it straight! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOL so true, they always gotta be different! Did they show any pictures when you looked it up? Oh and thanks by the way :D

/ Weird torch question for you guys #7  
Probably used on a mechanical track system or on a pipe cutter/beveler or a pattern tracer. What they used to do before CNC.

/ Weird torch question for you guys #8  
If it were a regular torch that got bent it would have a right angle tip but it's straight.
AND it's right handed looking at the bend!

/ Weird torch question for you guys #9  
A lot of demo torches are straight too.