Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Default Re: Good day today...?

Quote Originally Posted by Arc weld View Post
    You can't get unemployment if you quit unless there's some pretty serious reasons why you're quitting. In Alberta you're supposed to get notice or pay in lieu of notice if you're terminated for other than good cause. For something like theft or insubordination, they can fire you on the spot. If you're leaving it's common to give notice but if they want you gone NOW, they have to pay you for the notice period.
    I didn't realize you were in Canada. Here in Missouri (to my understanding at least), if you give notice and they tell you to leave now, it is the same as firing you without cause. But, you can only collect unemployment for the notice period. Here, I don't know that you can get any unemployment if you quit (regardless of circumstances), but I'm not sure on that.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    MF 135

If I could have got unemployment I might have quit a few month's ago or one of the times when the old bastard pizzed me off. He was nothing but a troublemaker who liked to stir the pot on every occasion he could.

Have another update. I picked up my cheque and they never paid me for my notice period. They owe me at least a weeks pay. I gave proper written notice and they basically fired me on the spot. They have to pay for telling me to leave right away. I'm going to see if employment standards will call and set them straight.
    Last edited by Arc weld; 05-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Tractor
    A couple

Quote Originally Posted by weldermike View Post
    My friend at work hit a scratchoff for 1million. Anything over 500g they wont give you lump some. After taxes and all the b/s he will get a check for 32g every january for the next 20 yrs. What a real boner killer that is. He got deflated real quick. They can even ruin a million dollars these days.
    I wouldn't turn down $32k a year; but I agree with you about it sucking to be shortchanged on such a jackpot all because of some dam greedy tax-n-spend politicians. Sadly a million bucks doesn't go as far as it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by orezok View Post
    BEST DANG JOB I EVER HAD!

I couldn't even count for the tens of thousands of dollars I COST that BASTARD!
    Revenge is a dish best served cold - John Milton John Milton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
    Congrats to the OP on your new job. Enjoy it!
    Enjoy your new gig Arc Weld as it sounds like you're leaving a bunch of inDUHviduals who have no clue how to properly treat employees.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54",Gravely Zero, Cub Zero,.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

I didn't read the whole thread but normally in this business, Because you have access to costs, They will likely let you go without a 2 week notice. on the other hand, Your new employer may admire the fact that you didn't want to leave them hanging by not giving notice. One of the most enjoyable jobs I ever had was a 14yr stint with a welding supply house. Good Luck on your new endeavor..

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    MF 135

The guy that interviewed me used to work where I'm leaving. He said they'd make me leave right away if I was going to work for them. I think the owner is just paranoid and has no idea how to run his business. The job I had before, I gave notice and worked it no problem. I left on good terms and they'd hire me back in a minute. It was at a much bigger welding supply.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234