Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying #1  

deereman75

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 2120, Warner & Swasey 6000# offroad forklift, Case W9B loader, various non-running decorations
We did an air liquide run today. Finally got the torch filled (only been empty for a year... :ashamed:) Also upgraded oxygen to an 80 cf tank. Only $40 with trade in of 40 cf tank. Fillup costs about the same, real good deal is you ask me.

Than came the real sticker shock. A new bernard shortstub, 11# of blueshield 7018, and 11# of lincoln 5p+.... $150 :shocked: 80cf argon tank plus fillup, $300 :shocked::eek: They were actually out of argon right now, but they will have it for me to pick up thursday. Its amaizing how fast you can rack up a huge bill there. My dad got the O/A stuff as a gift for me. Just the 2 boxes of rods, argon, and stinger was $450... :confused2: I really should start buying 50# cans of rods.... I guess it is better to try a small box first, so you dont get stuck with 49# of horrible rods.

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying #2  
Man they sure rape you Canadians:shocked:! Did you ever get your Stickweld 250 back?

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying
Yep. $50 for the shortstub, $32 for the 11# of blueshield rod, $42 for the 11# of 5p+. Add our 15% tax, and it came to $142.86...

It took me until 2-3 weeks ago to get the welder sent off, due to my dad being hospitalized with a heart infection. (dont worry, he is fine now) Hopefully it should be here soon. I am waiting on a reply from simon on when I might expact to see it again. He said there would be some goodies coming along with it. I cant wait.

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying #4  
HOLY CR** !!! 15% Sales Tax !!! I thought Washington's an California's was bad .

Fred H.

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying #5  
Yowza that is horrible. They may as well put a gun to you when they take your money!

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying
With those rod prices, I might have to buy lincoln or hobart 7018 in 50# cans to afford to weld? On the argon tank, it isnt too bad, I own the tank, and never have to pay anything other than a $30 fillup again.

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying #7  
and i complain about 4 and 1/2 % tax

/ Some new goodies, and my wallet is crying #8  
people up here in Nova Scotia are moving over to Linde for gas, supposed to be cheaper the guy at the garage in town said