new gun for mig

/ new gun for mig #1  

oldhippy

Silver Member
Tractor
junk
I have a Millermatic 35 and a tweco No 6 gun and the gun has reached the point that I need to replace the gun. I have a 15 ft gun now but will go to a shorter gun next time. I am trying to post pictures but have not been able to do so. Any help would be appricated. Thanks big dan

/ new gun for mig #2  
That is a huge gun for the old MM35. 200 ams would be fine for the output of the 35. You can get a gun for around $100.00 no prob..

/ new gun for mig #3  
From playing with display machines in the tool store, I have to say I love the feel of tweco guns. Plus tips are super easy to find.

Why not to to a welding shop, and just pretend to lay a bead with the different guns on display? That way you could find the gun that fits you the best, and know a place that has the tips.
Best way I can think of to find the gun that's the best for you.

/ new gun for mig
I will go monday and see if they have some guns that will work. The Tweco #6 that is on it has worked well for me. It came with the welder when I bought it at a auction. The gun had seen some abuse while it was used. The gun had some mixed up parts that worked sort of. We replaced the parts with tweco parts and it has lasted for 10 or 12 years of light use. There is duct tape on the gun to keep the gas from leaking. Have replaced the liner just time to retire it and get a new one. Thanks again big dan

/ new gun for mig #5  
In the 1970s I worked in a Fab shop, all they would buy us was Tweco model 4 guns. I have a model 2 and a knock off model 4 for the high amp welding.

Attachments

• Mig guns.JPG
    Mig guns.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 405
   / new gun for mig #6  
Hi there
Have used Tweko no 5 with 1.2mm wire since the 80's. Best there is! Bite the bullet and get a new 3metre Tweco. You wont be sorry!

/ new gun for mig #7  
I agree that the tweco # 5 is a great gun but the OP wants to use it on a 150 amp welder. #5 ia a Monster sized 500 amp gun. I would suggest one of the new 180 or 220 amp Tweco Fusion guns. low cost and new technology. Good Luck.

/ new gun for mig #8  
Wow, South Africa...Welcome Aboard.
Hi there
Have used Tweko no 5 with 1.2mm wire since the 80's. Best there is! Bite the bullet and get a new 3metre Tweco. You wont be sorry!

/ new gun for mig #9  
Look at Profax's selection before you buy. Prices are cheaper and they have good quality. Different styles as well.

/ new gun for mig #10  
Yeah Gypo Profax. No technology there but they fit well on everlast migs..lol.But if you want to save some $$, Check out Longevity Mig units, Better Quality as well.