Air Compressor

/ Air Compressor #1  

DXN1EL

Silver Member
Tractor
?
   / Air Compressor #2  
Hi fellas

I am thinking about an air compressor for some of the "low end" size air tools like die grinders,
Shop Kobalt 1/4-in Rotary-Die Grinder at Lowes.com

I know very little about air compressors, I know the 5 gallon ones are for inflating, and I was wondering if something like this could do the job
Shop Ingersoll Rand 3-HP 60-Gallon 135-PSI Electric Air Compressor at Lowes.com

but if some one could point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

That will work but if your going to spend that kind of cash buy a 5 Hp instead.

/ Air Compressor #3  
The CFM rating is what you need to be concerned with. HP, pressure and tank size don't mean a whole lot if the compressor doesn't put out the volume. I don't know if you have Eagle compressors where you're at but they have a medium/heavy duty 3 cyl. cast iron compressor that puts out 18.5 CFM at 100 PSI. I think it's an 1725/1800 RPM motor as well. Look for a cast iron head, oil filled crankcase and slower turning motor. 3400 RPM you'll be deaf in no time.

/ Air Compressor #4  
Agreed, I have a 6hp 60 gln with the high speed 3400 rpm motor, She Really Hammers when she pumps. I hear it in my sleep.

/ Air Compressor #6  

Attachments

• cback.JPG
    cback.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Cfront.JPG
    Cfront.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 227
  • In place.JPG
    In place.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 316
   / Air Compressor #7  
You last two posters bought nice compressors, but for most farm and home use, those are just too expensive for many of us. When I lived out in the country, and was also in the business of repairing/rebuilding mechanics' air tools, I had the Puma PK6060V and it was actually all I ever needed. But I bought mine from a place that also built and sold their own bigger compressors. Northern Tool didn't have the Puma at that time. And then about 8 years ago, back in town, I bought this Industrial Air by Powermate Compressor from Northern Tool and now they no longer sell this one.:laughing:

/ Air Compressor #8  
Hopefully that's the last compressor I ever buy! I have a small compressor for airing up tires, nail gun, etc, etc. This compressor is mostly for the plasma cutter, and CNC machine. Which I don't hardly ever use.

Attachments

• After cooler.jpg
    After cooler.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 3 horses.jpg
    3 horses.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 194
  • ovel buck doe fawn hos mt.jpg
    ovel buck doe fawn hos mt.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 183
   / Air Compressor #9  
Boy 3 grand for a Compressor is out of my League.

/ Air Compressor #10  
i recomend Eaton Compressor for there value.

there built/assembled in US, they do use imported compressors on most of there cheaper models.

eatoncomressor.com
emaxcompressor.com