Teach Yourself Stick Welding from Square One (Videos)

/ Teach Yourself Stick Welding from Square One (Videos) #1  

ChuckE2009

Silver Member
Hey, everyone!!

Just thought I'd stop by and share one of my latest series' with yall, I figured it might benefit a few folks here.

As the title of this thread implies, it's a 5 part series with 3 additional videos designed to take someone with little or no SMAW experience through some basic skill-building excersizes to being able to weld in the flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions...

Here's part one:

/ Teach Yourself Stick Welding from Square One (Videos)
The optional (but highly recommended) homework... Watch this video on identifying problems with welds and correcting them:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Optional (but highly recommended) lesson on 6010 and 6011:

Part Four:

The above pretty much just directs you to this video, the vertical up lesson. I decided to refer people to this video, instead of attempting to re-create it just for this series:

Part Five:

Wow, I know that's a lot of videos... But yeah, that's the at-home course I put together for y'all. Hope you enjoy it, and happy welding everyone :)

/ Teach Yourself Stick Welding from Square One (Videos) #9  
Thanks, I look forward to studyingnthe videos and seeing if I can learn the trade from it. My son is an excellent welder and I look forward to surprising him with a little practice.

/ Teach Yourself Stick Welding from Square One (Videos) #10  
Part Five:

Wow, I know that's a lot of videos... But yeah, that's the at-home course I put together for y'all. Hope you enjoy it, and happy welding everyone :)

Thanks Chuck. You provide an excellent service to an untold amount of people. You might mention the fact that if you'd like to learn to hate welding, start off with a 100 amp 115 volt stick machine that really produces 80 amps on its best day. Makes one think they're at a porcupine convention so many rods stick.