Everlast PowerPlasma 60 and PowerArc 160STH

/ Everlast PowerPlasma 60 and PowerArc 160STH #1  

KubotaOwner

Tractor
Kubota L3700SU TLB
First freehand cut with PowerPlasma 60 on 1/4" plate. Like cutting room temperature butter!

Among my first TIG welds (ever) with PowerArc 160STH (I didn't show the really ugly ones). Fillet weld with filler, lap welds without filler.

Nice machines! No problems with setup and operation. I am using a Harbor Freight refrigerated air dryer with the plasma cutter. I love the foot pedal with the PowerArc 160STH. I thought it would be difficult to get the foot-hand coordination going, but it works very well. My biggest problem running TIG was that I shake like a leaf, but after reading the threads on TIG in the welding forum and watching a bunch of YouTube videos, I started to figure out what to do. The stick welder function works great. I was very pleased with the first beads I had laid in 40 years! I tried 6011, 6013, and 7018 so far.

Still need a lot of practice, but I am quite pleased with these Everlast products! In particular, the PowerArc 160STH is a relatively inexpensive way to experience TIG welding.

Attachments

• Welds - 12.jpg
    Welds - 12.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Welds - 13.jpg
    Welds - 13.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Welds - 19.jpg
    Welds - 19.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 189
  • Welds - 20.jpg
    Welds - 20.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
   / Everlast PowerPlasma 60 and PowerArc 160STH #3  
Ditto, good looking welds - one tip that helped me a lot with my PM45 - get a couple pieces of 1" angle, say 2 foot and 4foot to start - knock the mill scale off one outside surface with something like a flap disc (gently as possible, you want it STRAIGHT), get a couple of clamps, and measure from the side of your torch's orifice to its outer perimeter - mark that distance (for future use) somewhere on the angle irons, and clamp one of them that far away from your cut line - place the angle so its upright leg is TOWARD your torch - that will give you a straight edge, and the vertical part of the angle will help you keep the torch from TIPPING (unless you WANT your cut beveled :=)

Keeping your travel speed at optimum for a given thickness is tricky too, but enough practice will help, and your cuts will show it... Steve

/ Everlast PowerPlasma 60 and PowerArc 160STH #4  
Personally I think you should add a lot more filler.

Attachments

• right hand 9 oclock.jpg
    right hand 9 oclock.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 160