3 in one welder/cutter

/ 3 in one welder/cutter #2  
Not a reliable company or product. You get little to no warranty and tech support. It's mosfet design which is the lowest of low quality chinese designs. They sell a import a wide range of product some of which has nothing to do with welding...most of it's from the guy's relatives factories in china. That in and of itself is not a bad thing, but there's not much support and if you read through the legalese, you pretty much get the feeling you are on your own after you buy it.

/ 3 in one welder/cutter #3  
Poppey, be sure and do your homework on those imported 3 in 1 machines. Most all the Chinese machines had a bad reputation a few years ago of being problematic. There were many complaints on some of the large welding forums about their poor quality and customer support. The mosfets were bad about burning out on those machines.

I think about all of the import machines used to use mosfets. Maybe Everlast and Longevity have now gotten away from using them, I don't know. I was interested in them too at one time, but after looking at the complaints, I backed off.

/ 3 in one welder/cutter #4  
I don't know if it's still in effect, or if it was even true. But at one time there was a lot of talk about staying away from any machine that had a plasma, and high frequency Tig.

/ 3 in one welder/cutter
Not a reliable company or product. You get little to no warranty and tech support. It's mosfet design which is the lowest of low quality chinese designs. They sell a import a wide range of product some of which has nothing to do with welding...most of it's from the guy's relatives factories in china. That in and of itself is not a bad thing, but there's not much support and if you read through the legalese, you pretty much get the feeling you are on your own after you buy it.

Thank a lot.
Cheap stuff are normally cheap for a reason.
Could you recomend a plasma cutter? Should I buy separate units for cutting and welding.
I intend to build a CNC plasma. Have suitable stepper motors, controller and powersupply.

/ 3 in one welder/cutter #6  
I almost always recommend separate plasma and welding units. IF you intend to do CNC work exclusively the PowerPlasma 60C is a fine unit that is dedicated to CNC work with a CNC port. It uses an inductance HV start and has a very fast start and pierce time. It comes with a machine torch. If you are going to do a mix of CNC and hand held, the PowerPlasma 60S is a good unit and has CNC capability with a blowback type start, which results in a little more delay in start, but is a good all around unit that can cut most every day plate cutting tasks up to 3/4" by hand and sever over 1" if needed. CNC use, it works fine for 3/8" and is good up to 1/2" on plate at reasonable cutting speeds...

The one unit I can and do recommend for home use or for portable repair is the PowerPro 164. It's proven to be stable and is dual voltage capable. It features AC/DC TIG at 160 amps and a 40 amp plasma. Stick if I remember right is around 130 amps. It 's good for general purpose repairs and light one-off fab work.