Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV?

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
We have an old Lincoln stick welder on the farm, along with bunches of old welding rods of various sizes that have sat out in the open for years and years. It came with the place when we bought it and I haven't had the time to try it and see if it works and how well. I'm assuming the welding rods may not be much good anymore.

I have several welding projects stacking up around the place and would like to buy a Mig unit. I haven't welded since welding class in high school over 25 years ago but I remember having a much easier time with Mig then.

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart unit, or reviews on the company in general? The main reason I'm leaning toward them is convenience of buying it close to home.

http://www.ruralking.com/hobart-welder-115-230v-mig-handler-210mpv-500553.html

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #2  
I have two hobart wire feed welders and both have been trouble free. Although i would point out the the mig gun that came with the 190 doesnt have any type of trigger guard, so you have to watch how you set it down. The 210 probably comes with the same one, but i dont know that for sure.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #3  
I have two hobart wire feed welders and both have been trouble free. Although i would point out the the mig gun that came with the 190 doesnt have any type of trigger guard, so you have to watch how you set it down. The 210 probably comes with the same one, but i dont know that for sure.

Boy ain't that the truth about lack of a trigger guard. Seems like every time I pick up the gun It (accidentally) spits out some wire.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #4  
We have an old Lincoln stick welder on the farm, along with bunches of old welding rods of various sizes that have sat out in the open for years and years. It came with the place when we bought it and I haven't had the time to try it and see if it works and how well. I'm assuming the welding rods may not be much good anymore.

I have several welding projects stacking up around the place and would like to buy a Mig unit. I haven't welded since welding class in high school over 25 years ago but I remember having a much easier time with Mig then.

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart unit, or reviews on the company in general? The main reason I'm leaning toward them is convenience of buying it close to home.

http://www.ruralking.com/hobart-welder-115-230v-mig-handler-210mpv-500553.html

I'm a realative noobie at mig but really like my HH190, mostly 1/8" mild steel with .030 solid core with C25 gas.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #5  
My 210 has been trouble free. I set it up with gas on day one, and have only used it with 220 so far. Its got some good power for me. Of course it doesn't have the duty cycle that the big boys have but it's fine for what I do.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #6  
I got a HH last year and have gone thru a couple of spools of wire so far. Seems like a good machine to me.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #7  
That is a nice welder.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #8  
My 210 has been trouble free. I set it up with gas on day one, and have only used it with 220 so far. Its got some good power for me. Of course it doesn't have the duty cycle that the big boys have but it's fine for what I do.

What are the pros and cons of using gas instead of using the gasless flu cored wire?
hugs, Brandi

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #9  
What are the pros and cons of using gas instead of using the gasless flu cored wire?
hugs, Brandi

Fair amount of spatter with the flux wire means more clean up. The flux wire is great if your out in the wind too.

I love my HH210MVP.

/ Any thoughts on Hobart Handler 210 MPV? #10  
Any welder is a good welder if you don't have one. No question there.. Some are just better than others due to option or spec. Personally I really try to avoid Flux Core Gasless wire if at all possible. That's the main reason I would suggest a Mig / Stick unit. Mig indoors, Stick outdoors. Others run nothing but Flux Core. In welding, everyone has their favs.