Dewalt Dw872 or Milwaukee 6190-20 Cold Cut Saw

/ Dewalt Dw872 or Milwaukee 6190-20 Cold Cut Saw #11  
I haven't tried either of those cold cut saws but assume they are constructed the same as thier chop saws. The dewalt chop saw has a thin stamped steel table and isn't all that sturdy. I really don't like the handle on the milwaukee because it is turned the wrong way to be ergonomic, unless the saw is low, (For me anyway) but the table is much sturdier. Again, this is the abrasive chop saws I have experience with, but I believe the cold cut saws have the same drawbacks.

As far as quality and speed of cut, that is going to be more dependent on the blade.
I have a Dewalt 14in abrasive chop saw and it didn't take me long to bend the blade enough to cut into the wimpy steel table. Oh well. It's used now! :laughing: It does okay but I was wondering about trying a cold cut blade in it. Maybe I can do what J_J suggested here and use a riostat and slow down the saw. Have to research 14in cold cut blades I suppose and try that out.

/ Dewalt Dw872 or Milwaukee 6190-20 Cold Cut Saw #12  
Instead of slowing it down. Why not just a abrasive diamond blade? 14" are ratted 5k RPM max.

/ Dewalt Dw872 or Milwaukee 6190-20 Cold Cut Saw #13  
I presume you are not looking at a Dake or Kalamazoo. Also check out the Evolution line of saws. Remember, you get what you pay for. But there has to be a limit, or I'd already have the a fore mentioned Dake.

+1 on the evolution. Good saws.

/ Dewalt Dw872 or Milwaukee 6190-20 Cold Cut Saw
+1 on the evolution. Good saws.

What about the Evolution Rage 2 or should I look at the Evolution Steel Saw 2 for $145 more? The Mk Morse saw looks good also; I'm so confused. :confused3: I want to stay at $500 or less. :)