Miller apps for Ipad and Android

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #2  
Thanks for sharing... forgot about the apps. Will install on my iPhone. :thumbsup:

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #3  
Hmmm, let's see what it says when I put in MIG and 3/8" steel... :stirthepot:
Solid wire:
ForumRunner_20140914_194057.png
Flux core:
ForumRunner_20140914_194123.png

Aaron Z

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #4  
I wonder who Miller is trying to target with that ap. I just think it's funny that if you want to weld 1/8" plate with 7018 that the Ap would be your go to place. Are there really welders out there that are that clueless that a few arc starts wont get them the parameters they want??? WTF... Miller is getting even more synthetic as the years go on. Kind of like Hypertherm.. Always touting USA when they only assemble here. Joke. Sorry but true..

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #5  
I wonder who Miller is trying to target with that ap. I just think it's funny that if you want to weld 1/8" plate with 7018 that the Ap would be your go to place. Are there really welders out there that are that clueless that a few arc starts wont get them the parameters they want??? WTF... Miller is getting even more synthetic as the years go on. Kind of like Hypertherm.. Always touting USA when they only assemble here. Joke. Sorry but true..
I would say... a guy like me? Maybe a place for educating yourself when you don't weld frequently and you are interested in learning BUT don't have access to TBN welding forum? :laughing:

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #6  
S'ok.. That's the type of reply I expected..:(
I would say... a guy like me? Maybe a place for educating yourself when you don't weld frequently and you are interested in learning BUT don't have access to TBN welding forum? :laughing:

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #7  
I am with draggoneggs on this one. It may not be useful for the pros but it gives a great synopsis of basic info when you are looking at using different rods or welding processes, straight or reverse polarity.

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #8  
Hmmm, let's see what it says when I put in MIG and 3/8" steel... :stirthepot:
Solid wire:
View attachment 390408
Flux core:
View attachment 390409

Aaron Z

And if you put in 1/8 inch steel it says 140-150 amps.. hmm.... 120 volt MIG is marginal for even 1/8 inch steel according to Miller.. They just make the machines I guess. I am sure they don't use them.. Nothing to see here folks... move along...:)

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #9  
I am with draggoneggs on this one.
As am I.

It may not be useful for the pros but it gives a great synopsis of basic info when you are looking at using different rods or welding processes, straight or reverse polarity.

It is sad when a manufacturer publishes an app, or any information, that can help the newbie and they get ridiculed.

i think we also discovered why so many threads in the Welding Forum get closed. :(

/ Miller apps for Ipad and Android #10  
I am with draggoneggs on this one. It may not be useful for the pros but it gives a great synopsis of basic info when you are looking at using different rods or welding processes, straight or reverse polarity.
Especially if your rod containers are missing the "recommended amps range" (like mine are)

Aaron Z