Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Miller apps for Ipad and Android

Perhaps you all have seen these or maybe not, but here it is.

You select mig, stick tig, and then select electrode size and type, and it tells you the particulars as to polarity, and amperage, etc.

https://www.millerwelds.com/mobile/?...ign=mobilepage
    Last edited by J_J; 09-14-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

Default Re: Miller apps for Ipad and Android

Thanks for sharing... forgot about the apps. Will install on my iPhone.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Hmmm, let's see what it says when I put in MIG and 3/8" steel...
    Solid wire:
    -forumrunner_20140914_194057-png
    Flux core:
    -forumrunner_20140914_194123-png

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54", Cub Zero Turn.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

I wonder who Miller is trying to target with that ap. I just think it's funny that if you want to weld 1/8" plate with 7018 that the Ap would be your go to place. Are there really welders out there that are that clueless that a few arc starts wont get them the parameters they want??? WTF... Miller is getting even more synthetic as the years go on. Kind of like Hypertherm.. Always touting USA when they only assemble here. Joke. Sorry but true..

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by yomax4 View Post
    I wonder who Miller is trying to target with that ap. I just think it's funny that if you want to weld 1/8" plate with 7018 that the Ap would be your go to place. Are there really welders out there that are that clueless that a few arc starts wont get them the parameters they want??? WTF... Miller is getting even more synthetic as the years go on. Kind of like Hypertherm.. Always touting USA when they only assemble here. Joke. Sorry but true..
    I would say... a guy like me? Maybe a place for educating yourself when you don't weld frequently and you are interested in learning BUT don't have access to TBN welding forum?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54", Cub Zero Turn.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

S'ok.. That's the type of reply I expected..
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoneggs View Post
    I would say... a guy like me? Maybe a place for educating yourself when you don't weld frequently and you are interested in learning BUT don't have access to TBN welding forum?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4320

I am with draggoneggs on this one. It may not be useful for the pros but it gives a great synopsis of basic info when you are looking at using different rods or welding processes, straight or reverse polarity.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Hmmm, let's see what it says when I put in MIG and 3/8" steel...
    Solid wire:
    -forumrunner_20140914_194057-png
    Flux core:
    -forumrunner_20140914_194123-png

Aaron Z
    And if you put in 1/8 inch steel it says 140-150 amps.. hmm.... 120 volt MIG is marginal for even 1/8 inch steel according to Miller.. They just make the machines I guess. I am sure they don't use them.. Nothing to see here folks... move along...
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Quote Originally Posted by Todd NE WY View Post
    I am with draggoneggs on this one.
    As am I.

It may not be useful for the pros but it gives a great synopsis of basic info when you are looking at using different rods or welding processes, straight or reverse polarity.
    It is sad when a manufacturer publishes an app, or any information, that can help the newbie and they get ridiculed.

i think we also discovered why so many threads in the Welding Forum get closed.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I am with draggoneggs on this one. It may not be useful for the pros but it gives a great synopsis of basic info when you are looking at using different rods or welding processes, straight or reverse polarity.
    Especially if your rod containers are missing the "recommended amps range" (like mine are)

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast