miller suitcase extreme 8

/ miller suitcase extreme 8 #1  

hoddykubody

Bronze Member
Tractor
3520 jd
Hi fellas wondering if a miller extreme suitcase fluxcore wire feeder would need more power for 1/4 " material , mostly with my Lincoln iealarc acdc 250 welder . I can use my patience for the welder might not have the duty cycle i know vs the bigger inverter welders .

/ miller suitcase extreme 8 #2  
I think it will be OK as long as you're not doing long production welds. An Idealarc 250 is 50% duty cycle at 200 amps. I'm pretty sure they have a high temp. cut out as well.

/ miller suitcase extreme 8 #3  
It depends on the wire you plan on using (dual shield versus plain fluxcore), and whether you are trying to run in spray mode or not. That is the bottom end for spray (you need 26+ volts and 250 or so amps), but should be fine for regular fluxcore.

I would read up on the wire you plan on using and what the manufacturer recommends.

/ miller suitcase extreme 8 #4  
Also your only going to be able to run it as Constant current which will not be like the mig welding you are used to

/ miller suitcase extreme 8 #5  
Are you planning to use Fabshield 21B self shielded or something similar? I don't think dual shield works very well on a constant current machine but the self shielded should be fine for all but the most critical stuff.