Ahp Tig welder 200x

/ Ahp Tig welder 200x
   / Ahp Tig welder 200x #4  
I know it's easy to say when someone else writes the check, but I wouldn't buy a unit that cheap unless I *knew* I had a very limited use for it and it was soon. That unit (along with Harbor Freight, Eastwood, LOTOS, and other cheaper welders) use MOSFETs to control the arc, which are not terribly reliable when used in mid to high current systems such as a welder. The better units use IGBTs to control the arc, which can much more reliably be ganged together.

I am guessing when I say, but the torch and pedal are probably cheap also, and by the time those are replaced, I would be questioning whether it is a good value after all.

Of course, it's not my money and this advice is definitely worth as much as you paid for it...

/ Ahp Tig welder 200x
I know it's easy to say when someone else writes the check, but I wouldn't buy a unit that cheap unless I *knew* I had a very limited use for it and it was soon. That unit (along with Harbor Freight, Eastwood, LOTOS, and other cheaper welders) use MOSFETs to control the arc, which are not terribly reliable when used in mid to high current systems such as a welder. The better units use IGBTs to control the arc, which can much more reliably be ganged together. I am guessing when I say, but the torch and pedal are probably cheap also, and by the time those are replaced, I would be questioning whether it is a good value after all. Of course, it's not my money and this advice is definitely worth as much as you paid for it...
they are IGBT's

AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200-Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with Pulse 110V and 200V - Power Welders - Amazon.com

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Ahp Tig welder 200x #7  
The AHP units I believe have always been IGBT. Some of the other brands weren't.

/ Ahp Tig welder 200x
The AHP units I believe have always been IGBT. Some of the other brands weren't.
Mark;

Which of your units would most closely compare to the ahp 200x model.

Thanks

/ Ahp Tig welder 200x #9  
The 200DV (DX-DV) would be the closest thing, but has a good bit more adjustability in pulse in Hertz, and also features things like Preflow which is needed, and downslope for 2T/4T control. AC frequency also goes from 20-250 Hz. For stick the 200DV has arc force control as well for better control in stick mode. And a 5 year warranty versus a 3. And it has a better foot pedal, and can easily accept standard torches, and uses standard DINSE type fittings and sizes. Also is designed to have a water cooler plug into the back. There is a price difference, but I believe there's good reason. The PowerTIG 200DX is seen more as a commercial machine on the whole. The fan system is better too. I've seen the fans out of both and the 200X is not as well made imho unless they changed it this year.

/ Ahp Tig welder 200x
The 200DV (DX-DV) would be the closest thing, but has a good bit more adjustability in pulse in Hertz, and also features things like Preflow which is needed, and downslope for 2T/4T control. AC frequency also goes from 20-250 Hz. For stick the 200DV has arc force control as well for better control in stick mode. And a 5 year warranty versus a 3. And it has a better foot pedal, and can easily accept standard torches, and uses standard DINSE type fittings and sizes. Also is designed to have a water cooler plug into the back. There is a price difference, but I believe there's good reason. The PowerTIG 200DX is seen more as a commercial machine on the whole. The fan system is better too. I've seen the fans out of both and the 200X is not as well made imho unless they changed it this year.
Mark
Thanks for the reply.

The Everlast is twice the price! I understand the differences but I could spend twice that of your machine for a dynasty and have that much more machine...but that's not what I'm after. Price point is more important at this time. Maybe the 200dv's price needs to come down to be more competitive?