Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #1  

woodskiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 BX25DLB-1
Looking and like them. USA, Co. I did Contact my local Sales Rep. Thanks in advance.

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #2  
I have the thermal arc 211. Exact same as the tweco just different color and stickers. I have been very pleased with mine.

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #3  
I have the thermal arc 211. Exact same as the tweco just different color and stickers. I have been very pleased with mine.

Ditto that... :thumbsup:

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #4  
I'm happy with the smaller 181i. It was one of the last burgundy ones before they changed colors and decals. 220v only. It is used mainly for .023 and .030 mig steel and .035 aluminum with the Tweco spool gun.

image-1569606538.jpg

I mounted it on top of my TA 210 Fabricator. They share the same input power source, mig mix,and argon tanks.

Terry

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #5  
Interesting. I've also been curious about their welders and helmets. I was doing some research this weekend and their helmets claim some of the fastest switch times in the industry for a helmet that is just over $100.

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #6  
They are good units. The first Everlast MTS units back in late 2009 and 2010 were built by WTL the maker of the smaller MTS units of the TWECO units and were essentially the same with a couple more features. Units had decent reliability and did not give a lot of problems overall.

Colfax, the owner of ESAB has now bought TWECO/Victor/Thermal Arc, so the company is now gravitating toward the ESAB name. Not sure what the future is for them as I hate to see a good company swallowed up in whole...They had already dumped Thermal Arc name on its popular product lines and rebranded them as TWECO before the sale took place. Website is messed up now: Victor Technologies. You can even get directly to the brand new Victor site that was released a few months ago, and when you follow the link to the newest Victor site version, you can't access anything unless you sign up and sign in...

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #7  
They are made in China but you don't hear of complaints with them. I think the cart that comes with them is one of the best I've seen. Not some cheap flimsy thing just to keep it off the ground. Will be interesting to see what Esab does. Up here they aren't very popular and keep almost no stock of parts. If they do the same after taking over Victor Technologies et al, they will destroy some good brands.

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders
I love researching welders. No less confusing than when I was looking at my tractor options. Lincoln Invertec 350 --Factory Tweco. As I review specs -"to me" it seems TWECO parts are integrated into many "TOP" products name brands. Upon further review, ESAB website tells me that they have the funding to support, #1, R&D, #2 support manufacturing. I too, wish ALL production/parts/engineering was USA/Canada, but I guess at the end of the day---I bought a Kubota BX, my opinion is not reality, the facts are.

/ Anyone experienced with TWECO 211i or 252i 3/1 welders #10