Help identify a welder

/ Help identify a welder #1  

PumpingPete

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 55
All:

I was given a welder that has sat at our farm for a couple of years. I was hoping to buy a manual as it is in need of a little TLC. My dad didn't have much info on it, other than it ran when they sat it out there. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image-3253882089.jpg
    image-3253882089.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 180
   / Help identify a welder #2  
Well it's a Hobart...you gotta lift the hood & get some #'s...and then go here...Weld Talk Message Board and Online Forum - Hobart Welders If you post in the general welding forum , one of the hobart tek's will tell you all about your welder...my guess is that is a 300 Amp dc welder powered by a 4 or 6 cyl gas engine...should have a big boat steering wheel for amperage setting with a fine tune knob in the middle of the boat wheel...the small knob will/should pull out as a unit , that you can plug into an extension cord and then plug the other end into the welder where the knob came from so you can have a remote adjustment by where you are welding...at least mine does...and it is older than that one..Shawn

/ Help identify a welder
Thanks! It is actually a diesel engine. Most of the numbers on the tag on the engine are very hard to see. I will keep looking. Thanks again