Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision?

/ Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision?
I forgot to mention my air compressor, Black Max 5 hp 2 stage runs at 175 psi. 80 gal tank. It's 18 years old Handles the 65 OK
Thanks old-timer, that gives me some reference! Don't know if I will go that big but I would like a bigger unit than I have... gonna depend on cost I suppose. I would like a quieter one than mine.

/ Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision? #23  
With 100 psi max, you will need a new compressor. How low does it get before it cuts on? You have losses in the lines and need to keep the compressor 10-20 psi higher than the cutter.

/ Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision? #24  
View #4.JPG I have PM30 and use a M-26 Motor Guard filter at the cutter, and a filter at the compressor. I have 60gal. compressor with a 110 pump and a 110 motor from a 30gal comp.Now this is not the 30XP but the use of air is about the same. My comp. never gets below 90psi when I use the cutter for a long time, and my tips ect. last about 6 months be for I change them. The XP will work with any 60gal. comp. that you would get and never burp.......

Lovely... I started this thread thinking I just need to decide between the 39XP and 45. Now I'm in the hunt for a new large compressor and I'm leaning towards the more expensive 45 so I can buy a CNC plasma cutting table. Thanks guys.

/ Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision? #26  
Lovely... I started this thread thinking I just need to decide between the 39XP and 45. Now I'm in the hunt for a new large compressor and I'm leaning towards the more expensive 45 so I can buy a CNC plasma cutting table. Thanks guys.

Mark. You can count on us. We're here to help....(you spend your money). :D

Terry

Mark. You can count on us. We're here to help....(you spend your money). :D Terry
Thanks Terry... That's what I love about this place. Oh the humor and advice is okay too. I think I better finish the bathroom remodel first before the wife catches on to this plan.

/ Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision? #28  
I never realized Hypertherm was up in NH, a tour would be awesome. I'm probably gonna take the girlfriend for a trip north down the road. Maybe N.Conway, with a Hypertherm detour?? She might just detour on me

I never realized Hypertherm was up in NH, a tour would be awesome. I'm probably gonna take the girlfriend for a trip north down the road. Maybe N.Conway, with a Hypertherm detour?? She might just detour on me
Oh yeah I want to know how you are going to sell this little adventure to the better half?

/ Hypertherm 30xp vs 45 decision? #30  
Oh yeah I want to know how you are going to sell this little adventure to the better half?

Good question, she knows me too well, she's usually pretty good about things, but that might be tricky