Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only)

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #11  
One heading to my house as well. I checked reviews and everything looks good. Hope this wasn't a huge mistake!

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only)
Good info Steve!

I called Miller and asked about the power req'mts of my MultiMatic 200 and if I needed to worry about input and they said NO. They said it was designed to run on generators and that it can handle almost any dirty input. They said the nature of an inverter it makes what it needs out of whatever it can get (I suppose there is some limit). I know nothing about other inverter welders (and little more than --THAT-- about the MultiMatic :D ).

Running the MultiMatic on my old Coleman 5000w, the Multimatic screen reads "Input 320v" while my multimeter says "290v". There is a difference in opinion with regards to what number to display, I suppose because it's a 'dirty' mess. With the DuroMax, the MultiMatic calls it 260v, and the multimeter reads 240v. Which makes me think the DuroMax is cleaner output. It could be 40 years newer.

One heading to my house as well. I checked reviews and everything looks good. Hope this wasn't a huge mistake!

Mine is working well, but it's still a baby (~20 hrs?). "Saving" that much money can be like gambling - so Good luck!

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #13  
Before Y2K generators were selling for $1000 per KW.
I would be burying a cable back to those 2nd services to avoid the extra fees.
When not welding or operating a dedicated supply to a building without a utility supply. Who is back feeding with a double male ended cord into a welder receptacle ?

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #14  
At $649 delv'd a guy could make money selling it on Craigslist if there's something not to like about it. I looked for months, generally 8/10,000w USED was minimum ~$900.

Take note of the 'marketing',,,,, this unit is "10,000 watts and 8,000 constant watts of power."

I dont know about that. The keyswitch has "off-on-start". Are you referring to a remote start kit? I intend to remote mine someday but the "manual" choke has to be pulled somehow.
<snip>
I stand corrected - I was confused by the marketing of the other model which is named
Electric Start Generator

Note - now the price is up to $1,049. Glad the deal lasted two days.;

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #15  
Yikes!!! I am totally horrified about the Seller's Review on the $649.99 10,000 watt DuroMax generator. Most common remarks seem to be that the units are often received broken and the Seller doesn't respond or refund. Sure wish I'd found and read the Seller's Review BEFORE I sent money.

Hopefully I'll be in the very minority and get one that is NOT broken, actually works, and with all the parts.

Well a 8/10,000 watt generator for $649 must have SOME problem. With luck it's a small problem. Would be great if its a "propane problem" solvable by using gas only. This is a wild guess of course.

Mine arrived with one of the rubber bumpers (that rest on the ground) broken off. I welded it back on. Unlike the "majority" :D of customers who rec'd a broken generator, I did not report it or ask for a refund. Nor did I report that the oil level sensor was too high and shutting down the engine unnecessarily.

Good luck ($649 of it) :thumbsup:

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #17  
Yikes!!! I am totally horrified about the Seller's Review on the $649.99 10,000 watt DuroMax generator. Most common remarks seem to be that the units are often received broken and the Seller doesn't respond or refund. Sure wish I'd found and read the Seller's Review BEFORE I sent money.

Hopefully I'll be in the very minority and get one that is NOT broken, actually works, and with all the parts.
Now you have me worried!

Just kidding. Anybody who does that many transactions is has a 99%+ feedback is doing something right IMO.

If it doesn't work out just blame Sodo, that's my plan!

Sodo has a couple Hondas for backup.

,,,,and has no pity - had to pay $999 for basically same generator. :muttering: :muttering:

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #19  
I hear ya. I have a honda powered multiquip welder/generator for backup as well.

I'm actually planning on giving this to a family I know. They are off the gridders who operate a small sawmill operation. The last time I was there they were showing me a set of forks they were welding up. They had an engine off their sawmill (18 hp briggs) sitting on a board with a 10kw generator head sitting next to it connected with belts, but nothing was actually mounted. Hooked to this contraption they were running an old AC Lincoln buzz box with some old wet tiny 6010 they got for free. I stood there in amazement as the welds were unbelievably not that bad looking but absolutely not good enough for any sort of fork fabrication for lifting heavy items. Visiting these people every few weeks for lumber or firewood has really had an impact on how I view things.

I'm going to crate this up with a couple of full propane bottles, a battery, some 6011/7018AC rod, and a few quarts of synthetic oil and give it to them.

I kinda wonder if this generator has enough power to weld on propane, but there's always gas. It sounds like you have a use for free wood,,,,,! You may have to change the outlet or make a dongle for the old AV welder.
It takes a lot of work to get boards out of the forest but its very satisfying too.