Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only)

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #1  

Sodo

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator
Well hope it's not smokin! Free shipping too!

DuroMax 10000 Watt Hybrid Dual Fuel Portable Generator on eBay Daily Deals

I have a similar DuroMax 10,000w generator, it's working great except mine is "Gasoline only"

I have welded with 1/8" rod, haven't tried bigger, but apparen;y you need 7200Watts (sustained) to weld with 1/8" rod. So 10,000 gives some headroom. This is a lot less money than re-wiring your shop for 240v (unless you DIY).

Attachments

• 10000watt_generator649.png
    10000watt_generator649.png
    207 KB · Views: 667
   / Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #3  
There supposed to be a good , soild built unit. On the heavy side and not too portable though.....quite heavy.

I have a 5,000 running 7,000 peak briggs i use for work, and thats a PITA to load and unload. For some reason it feels lighter in the morning when loading...and real heavy in late afternoon when reloading

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #4  
I don't want to hear any bad comments about them. I just ordered one.

I have a barn 600 feet from the house that would be to expensive to run an electric line to from the house. It has an electric pole and transformer with the wire and meter socket installed already, but the power company wants 50$ a month for the socket plus commercial rates for electricity. The previous owner told them to pull the socket and I verified the cost but now I need electricity on a periodic basis. This electric start will hopefully do the trick.

Your post came just in time. Thanks

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #5  
Well, I'm hoping. In for one.
The sale runs for 4 more days (May 15th).

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #6  
I don't want to hear any bad comments about them. I just ordered one.

I have a barn 600 feet from the house that would be to expensive to run an electric line to from the house. It has an electric pole and transformer with the wire and meter socket installed already, but the power company wants 50$ a month for the socket plus commercial rates for electricity. The previous owner told them to pull the socket and I verified the cost but now I need electricity on a periodic basis. This electric start will hopefully do the trick.

Your post came just in time. Thanks
The electric start version is a different generator for $350 more Save when you bundle related items from factory_authorized_outlet

I've a similar situation. I've my shops about 100 yards from my house. They wanted to charge me commercial rates but I have an "apartment" in one shop and I'm not running a business so I convinced them to charge residential rates. I do pay a bit for the extra meter, but I've got 400 amp service and about 5,500 sq foot of wired shops.

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #7  
yep - Hope this isn't a scam. I just forked out $649.99 for one as well.

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only)
At $649 delv'd a guy could make money selling it on Craigslist if there's something not to like about it. I looked for months, generally 8/10,000w USED was minimum ~$900.

Take note of the 'marketing',,,,, this unit is "10,000 watts and 8,000 constant watts of power."

The electric start version is a different generator for $350 more Save when you bundle related items from factory_authorized_outlet

I dont know about that. The keyswitch has "off-on-start". Are you referring to a remote start kit? I intend to remote mine someday but the "manual" choke has to be pulled somehow.

I have the same generator except gas version, I paid $999 del'vd. If this one runs good on gas it would be a great unit. It's much quieter than my Coleman 5000w, but still hella loud, I use earmuffs if working close to it, can barely hear the chopsaw over it. Sure would be nice to quiet it down. I suppose mine has 20 hours (?) its still new. It doesn't flinch when an arc starts (1/8") but I have an inverter welder (Miller Multimatc 200) haven't tried it with anything else.

Only problem I've had is the sensitivity of the oil level shutdown. I had to top up the oil to spilling out to get it to run (its level). I don't consider this a problem, just something to keep in mind if it's off-level it might shutdown (?). Maybe theres a way to adjust the shutdown level lower.

I had to change the outlet to 3-prong on mine. Another good way would be to leave the 4-holer and bolt-on an outlet box with a 3-holer. I don't like dongles, they get misplaced.

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #9  
The detai;s indicate the $650 is electric start

Capture.PNG

The $1000 one doesn't appear to be dual fuel.

Sounds like a heckuva buy!

/ Smokin' deal on 10,000watt generator $649 (Today only) #10  
Be advised that if you need every watt you can get to run a welder, you'll need to run your genny on GAS - the people advertising the "smokin' deal" don't appear to be honest enough to tell you that. Here's ratings on a similar unit carried by Costco, which DOES tell you the truth

Specifications:

Rated Watts: 7000W (gasoline), 6300W (propane/LP)
Starting watts: 9000W (gasoline), 8100W (propane/LP)

The costco unit

Champion 7000W Running / 9000W Peak DUAL FUEL Generator w/Electric Start

Also mentions being under 5% THD, which most inverter welders want/need - I've been looking at that one but the new shop is gonna take any/all "toy money" for quite a while :confused:

Still, the "smoker" is a he11 of a deal, hope it works out for everyone... Steve