welding on a kubota b9200

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #1  

sebes

Tractor
kubota b9200
I recently bought a Montana loader to attach to my Kubota 1989 b9200. There will be considerable fabrication with this project. Most of the welding will be done off the tractor but I see myself doing some tack welds during the fabrication process. My concern is damaging the electrical system if I tack some pieces while on the tractor. Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Mike

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #2  
Disconnect the battery, and keep the ground clamp as close to the area you're welding as you can.

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #3  
I bought one of these Antizap Surge Protectors, but haven't used it yet. Some of the guys over on Welding Web swear by them.

Attachments

• Antizap Surge Protector.JPG
    Antizap Surge Protector.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 177
   / welding on a kubota b9200 #4  
I bought one of these Antizap Surge Protectors, but haven't used it yet. Some of the guys over on Welding Web swear by them.

How Does That work ?? Never seen one before . As always , You teach the rest of Us Something New :thumbsup:

I second the disconnect Battery . Some Don't but what is a couple of minutes for the added security .

Fred H.

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #5  
Ditto the above and grind a clean spot for the ground.

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #6  
i used to have a b6200 with loader, backhoe and i stick and mig welded on it all the time. there are no electronic 0n it except possibly in the alternator. i did body work in dealers since 1976 and the older machines didn't have) electronics. if you don't want to disconnect the battery(which) is the best way, just put your ground as close to your weld as possible. path of least resistance. rob

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #7  
How Does That work ??
Don't know, haven't used it yet. Electronics are way above my pay grade!:laughing:
Here are the instructions on the back.

I've had two diesel powered cab & chassis dual wheel trucks. A 2004 F-550, and a 2007 1-ton Dodge. In the instructions to the up fitters. Both Ford and Dodge say just disconnect the batteries before welding on their trucks.

Attachments

• Antizap Surge Instructions.jpg
    Antizap Surge Instructions.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 88
   / welding on a kubota b9200
Thanks so much for the great advice

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #9  
I recently bought a Montana loader to attach to my Kubota 1989 b9200. There will be considerable fabrication with this project. Most of the welding will be done off the tractor but I see myself doing some tack welds during the fabrication process. My concern is damaging the electrical system if I tack some pieces while on the tractor. Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Mike
NO electronics at all on that tractor. - No worries unless you are literally welding on the dynamo alternator.

/ welding on a kubota b9200 #10  
I agree put the ground as close as you can to where you are welding and make sure it is a good ground. I never unhook batteries. I was welding stuff on to the flatbed in my 2016 Denali last week and I welded a lot on my 2015 F-250. Lord knows they have tons of electronic crap. I welded for several hours last week as well on my 2012 backhoe which also has a bunch of electronics. Never had a problem and never unhooked a battery and I have welded on virtually every vehicle I have had.

Every muffler shop in America welds on exhaust systems all day long and I have never seen them unhook a battery. Every welding rig I have seen welds up stuff on their flatbed and they don't unhook batteries.

It certainly won't hurt anything unhooking the batteries by I personally don't and I really don't even understand how unhooking them would even help anything.