Everlast 255ext

/ Everlast 255ext #1  

Bday

Silver Member
Tractor
53' Allis WD, 54' Allis WD 45, 52' allis CA, Farmall 560, 656 , 47' Deere model A , 38' Deere model A
I have been looking to buy a tig. Looking at 3 machines. Lincoln sqwave 200, HTP 221, or the 255ext. Anyone try the 255 ext units? I have heard both good and horror story experiences with Everlast. Looking for some info on your experiences with the company. Thanks

/ Everlast 255ext #2  
I have been looking to buy a tig. Looking at 3 machines. Lincoln sqwave 200, HTP 221, or the 255ext. Anyone try one of these units? I have heard both good and horror stories about experiences with Everlast. Looking for some info on your experiences with the company. Thanks

I dunno, mine is still working good, it is about 5 years old or so.

/ Everlast 255ext
What unit are you running?

/ Everlast 255ext #4  
What unit are you running?

The little PA160 DC Stick welder. I TIG with it too (scratch start)

IMG_20121117_165336_859.jpgIMG_20121117_170314_242.jpgIMG_20121117_165303_772.jpg

/ Everlast 255ext #5  
I don't know anything about Everlast Tig machines. But I own two SMAW machines, and got to run one of their Mig welders. A member here just bought an Everlast 325 Tig machine. Just a matter of time until I get my hands on it!:cool2:

/ Everlast 255ext #6  
Mark from Everlast is a advertiser and he will give you a discount if you tell him you are a TBN member.

/ Everlast 255ext
The Lincoln sqwave 200 is a new machine only been on market for a few months. The duty cycles are lower than the other 2 machines. You would think the Blue and Red could build some inverter machines with higher duty cycles. It's a dual voltage like the other units.

/ Everlast 255ext #8  
I have been looking to buy a tig. Looking at 3 machines. Lincoln sqwave 200, HTP 221, or the 255ext. Anyone try the 255 ext units? I have heard both good and horror story experiences with Everlast. Looking for some info on your experiences with the company. Thanks

I don't know anything about Everlast Tig machines. But I own two SMAW machines, and got to run one of their Mig welders. A member here just bought an Everlast 325 Tig machine. Just a matter of time until I get my hands on it!:cool2:

I have had a Everlast PA300 stick welder since May 2014 and have been very satisfied with it. I have done scratch start TIG with it.

I just went through a similar decision making process that you are as to what TIG welder I was going to get. Being quite happy with my Everlast stick machine, lots of machine for a lot less money, I looked at the Everlast Tigs.
I ended up as SA mentioned above with getting a 325EXT. It was not much more money than the 255 EXT but has a good bit more power. The 255 EXT has 120/240 volt capability so if you need that option then don't look at the 325 but if you don't need 120v option then for not that much more money you can get a good bit more power and that might come in handy in the future.
UPS delivered it on Thursday night after 6:30 PM and I left on a business trip Friday morning at 5 AM so I have not had a chance to use it yet.

I can't wait to get back so that I can power it up.

I would definitely look at the Everlast machines. Mark from Everlast watches TBN postings. I would not hesitate to see what kind of deal he will make on one for you (Whatever unit you decide on)

Unless he has gotten the PM notification emails issue resolved that he told me about, he may not see a PM as he has not been getting the notifications. If he doesn't promptly respond, it is probably that he never saw the PM. Call him on the phone. He answers every time I have called him. He is very prompt on responses and gives great service.

I just saw you posted over there so you have his number to call.

/ Everlast 255ext #9  
Thanks for the post. Definitely want to stay with the portability of the dual voltage. How long have you had the Tig?

As I posted above
UPS delivered it on Thursday night after 6:30 PM and I left on a business trip Friday morning at 5 AM so I have not had a chance to use it yet.

I can't wait to get back so that I can power it up.
I am reading the manual while in the hotel on my trip.

/ Everlast 255ext
Just reread your post. So you just got it this week.