My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife.

/ My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife. #1  

Mark @ Everlast

Advertiser
]I've been wanting to get another angle grinder. I have a couple of them, but my mainstay 10 amp Dewalt is wearing a little thin on power and is noisy. And I need a recip saw since I have a few upcoming projects. A local guy peddles surplus merchandise. He was advertising on the local FB buy/sell page and has a steady stream of new, used and refurb products up for sale. So I bit...with the understanding from my wife that this was my Christmas present (she got hers....lol) Any way 100.00 later and both were mine. Not free, not full price either. I think these are both older models. The recip saw is 10 amps and "built in USA from global components" and the grinder is 11 amps, "Made in China" same place as the last one I bought 5 years ago. Apparently the latest model of the recip saw is made in Mexico. N.I.B...I'll take it. Oh, and the other one is the new to me iron worker I bought from an estate for 200.00 with punches. Bought it in Jan this year. Just had time to go get it from my folks in N. GA where it was stored and close where I bought it.

Attachments

• gift.jpg
    gift.jpg
    846.3 KB · Views: 377
  • 2015-02-23 12.50.58.jpg
    2015-02-23 12.50.58.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
   / My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife.
Something is weird with the forum or my computer.

/ My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife. #3  
Weird in what way, Mark? And nice Christmas gifts!

/ My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife. #4  
Were you embarrassed to say you bought a Huffy bicycle with purple rims and white tires?

The Huffy was something my in laws bought for my daughter back at Thanksgiving. Problem is that part of the frame was broken and they didn't know it. It was used, but looked new so they picked it up. I left it in the car until after Christmas until I had time to deal with it. Going to give it a shot today. She got a scooter for Christmas so she is happy.

As far as weird, pictures weren't loading and the normal interface/uploader was from another site...or appeared to be every time I used "manage attachments" and would not load pictures that had not already been loaded...and would not resize either automatically as it used to.

/ My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife. #6  
Have to admit, I saw the bike first and immediately thought it looked like my daughter's Sophia the First bike. Am I right? I put one together on Christmas Eve. Nice score on the tools btw ;)

/ My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife. #7  
Am I the only one who doesn't see a bike?

BTW. I'll take that rusty old iron worker off your hands, Mark.
Terry

Not a sophia bike. Just plain old girly girl colors...if you are the kind that aren't offended by such a stereo typing. My girl sure does like pink and purple...and yellow.

Not going to give up the iron worker...unless the money is right. lol. I have an Engine drive or two as well that I won't part with unless the money is right too. Both of them are lincolns...One of them would be worth a whole lot more if it were in the hands of Shield Arc.

/ My belated Christmas gifts to myself from my wife. #9  
The way that arm is on the Ironworker you can use accessories on it like in the pics of my Scotchman.
They rate Ironworker tonage at the punch station.
The yellow thingy is an angle iron cutter.
The other is a brake that I fabricated from junk laying around.
You can find some items on ebay if you keep checking.

Attachments

• 000_0337.JPG
    000_0337.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 000_0341.JPG
    000_0341.JPG
    446 KB · Views: 146