Cheapskate rolling welder cart

/ Cheapskate rolling welder cart #1  

California

Super Star Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240 Yanmar YM186D
I got tired of lugging this welder from locked storage to the open barn bay/workshop when I need it occasionally.

Goodwill had just what I needed. :D

KIMG1227rWelderCart.jpg

/ Cheapskate rolling welder cart #2  
Nice!! Very ingenious ! "AND you can take it with you to the old folks home. "

Sorry, that's just something my 15 year old daughter would say to me....

Terry

/ Cheapskate rolling welder cart #3  
Nice!! Very ingenious ! "AND you can take it with you to the old folks home. "

Sorry, that's just something my 15 year old daughter would say to me....

Terry

I wouldn't try it. After they get the sketch of California out to the local homes, they'll be on the lookout for that rascally walker-thief. If I were you CA, I'd lay low for a while. Just until the heat blows over.

/ Cheapskate rolling welder cart
Man you guys are a rough audience tonight!

No elders were harmed in the making of this cart. Really. :D

In fact this elder can't sling around a 50 lb object as easily as when I worked construction 50 years ago. I would need one of these for me if I continue to hand-carry that welder everywhere. My previous small welder - HF90 AC, a real dog - was the limit for hand-portable.

The tiny inverter welders look better every time I see one. But for the few times per year I need to make a farm repair, this Century (and the $50 220v AC buzz box for big stuff) are all I really need.

/ Cheapskate rolling welder cart #5  
I like it! low buck solutions are some of my favorites.
:confused3: I see the leads for heart or pacemaker jump start, but where are the paddles ?

Sorry- the other posts got me going...
Very nice adaption- keeps the welder off the ground and up where the controls and leads can be accessed and also easily rolled to location.
Yours came out better than the one i cobbled together out of a horse panel that got torn up combined with part of a floor cleaner cart that should have been hauled to the dump, but being cheap and not throwing things out....

Last edited: