How can I straighten this?

/ How can I straighten this? #1  

dragoneggs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-25D, Kubota Z122RKW-42
In one of my more brilliant moves, I managed to bend a couple of studs as part of a caster assembly and figured the fine folks here is the weldiing forum might give a clue on how to straighten them. I don't have O/A only a little propane torch and I am having a heck of a time clamping the caster well enough to bend it. I tried putting some heat (not enough obviously) and threaded a coupler and some all thread rod for leverage to no avail. Here is a pic of what I am dealing with. 1/2 - 13 thread dia. Ideally, SA will chime in and say "come on over, I fix it!"

IMG_7272.jpg IMG_7273.jpg

/ How can I straighten this? #2  
Very carefully.

/ How can I straighten this? #3  
Just my 2 cents.
I've had limited success by threading a nut on then clamp the nut in a vise and tap the bearing cap with a hammer. Or while the nut is still in the vise use a small crowbar in the gap between the wheel and bearing and pry it back

Sometimes it will straighten back up others it will break right off. If it straightens I can use it, if not go buy another.

/ How can I straighten this? #4  
Take the caster wheel off then put the bolt back in. Slip a piece if tube in there between the caster body and bolt then use a piece of pipe over the bolt to pry it straight

/ How can I straighten this?
Just my 2 cents.
I've had limited success by threading a nut on then clamp the nut in a vise and tap the bearing cap with a hammer. Or while the nut is still in the vise use a small crowbar in the gap between the wheel and bearing and pry it back

Sometimes it will straighten back up others it will break right off. If it straightens I can use it, if not go buy another.
I haven't been able to find the same ones yet online. They are locking swivel and rolling type for a roller feed table. I need them to be 1/2in dis stud style as well.

/ How can I straighten this?
Take the caster wheel off then put the bolt back in. Slip a piece if tube in there between the caster body and bolt then use a piece of pipe over the bolt to pry it straight
That sounds like it is worth a try. Thank you.

/ How can I straighten this? #9  
Yea I was gonna say I'm 100% positive they can be sourced

/ How can I straighten this? #10  
Take the wheel off. Cut broken stem off and or drill it out. Weld on new threaded stem using all thread or fully threaded bolt.

This IS a welding subforum. Mark. :). Good luck.

Terry