Convert Miller 130 to gas, and classes?

/ Convert Miller 130 to gas, and classes? #31  
Bad habits... you don't say! I can't see you taking instruction from anyone. :stirthepot: I also can't see any instructor wanting you as a student.:pullinghair: You'd be too busy arguing with the instructor and trying to tell him how to do it. Oddly enough there are some new apprentices just out of school that are the same way. You'd do good to type less and read more and you might actually learn something but we all know that's not going to happen. Wishful thinking I guess.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Convert Miller 130 to gas, and classes? #32  
This is the fault of the internet.

This wouldn't happen in real life. You guys wouldn't propose BS face-to-face because you'd be on the hook to prove it.

So, no BS, no problems, all good.

/ Convert Miller 130 to gas, and classes? #33  
What's the fault of the internet... that you can't be the self proclaimed welding expert knowing what's best for thousands of users (without actually knowing what they're doing)? Real life, this is real life. The only BS is you trying to discredit and argue with anyone who has a different opinion than you do. Face to face I don't think anybody could stand to be around you for more than 3 words and they'd probably only need 2.

/ Convert Miller 130 to gas, and classes? #34  
In another life I was a certified welder and worked for a time as such...

That said I'm still learning new things or remembering long ago forgotten things all the time.

We had one guy that was an artist... he was really that good... steady hands and very ambidextrous would switch hands mid bead.

Don't do much welding these days... little repairs to the trailer or farm equipment... last thing was a simple repair to a neighbor's lawn mower...

I do have a spot welder for auto body work that has been a godsend... and a little miller mig for security bars.

Once in awhile I break out the cutting torch when I'm getting ready for a scrap run.

I think it is a great skill to have and handy.

One of the guys I worked with was a very good pipe welder... he sure misses no longer being able to do it because his parkinson's makes his hands shake too much... the knowledge is all there... just the body isn't.