Power i-MIG 205 vs Alpha MIG 250

/ Power i-MIG 205 vs Alpha MIG 250 #1  

nrguenth

Tractor
MF202, GC1720
Like the title says... I was ready to pull the trigger on the Everlast and then I saw some conversations about the AHP. Points to Everlast for having a website that doesn't suck, unlike AHP! :thumbsup: Does anyone have info on the AHP welder? An owners manual? Anything? Seems like a lot more welder for the money, but info is scarce on the ground. Thanks for any help!

/ Power i-MIG 205 vs Alpha MIG 250 #3  
As you compare, there are a few things we need to mention. The Power i MIG 205 has been upgraded a lot. In fact the current stock we have will be the same as the new Power i MIG 210 when it drops in a little while. But the only change when it comes out will be the name as it was decided to rename the unit due to the fact that it had been upgraded so much that it justified a new series.

The new 205/210 model features a full size roll now 12". Duty cycle and amp output has been increased to 50% duty cycle at 210 amps. It also features spot and stitch timers, Burn back control, arc force control, dual voltage, dual fan cooling and stick welding capability. Gun is now a 24 series. Though heavier, it is also still considered portable and does not feature a undercarriage so it can be more easly transported. The unit also now uses the spool gun that the MTS series has and is speed controlled on the handle rather than the welder.

Though I don't usually comment about it, it' not a big secret as it has been discussed on other forums that Ahp is a division of Everlast, but kept separate to a great extent. I don't deal with them(Ahp) typically but I can price you directly on the Power i MIG 205/210 and get you in touch with someone on the Ahp.

If power is what you want, you probably want to step up to the more advanced Power i MIG 275S or Power i MIG 275P

/ Power i-MIG 205 vs Alpha MIG 250
You raise some good points. I don't doubt the i-MIG 205 is a nice unit. I'm wondering how the features on the Alpha MIG compare. I guess the fact that I can't easily find out is kind of telling in itself. :rolleyes: I would be interested in pricing on the i-MIG 205/210, the SM200 spool gun, and the two optional drive rollers. Thanks!