What size are my tanks

/ What size are my tanks #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I bought this cutting torch setup second hand in '93. It is 25" tall from floor to top, 7" diameter with the markings as follows;
WQ199448
DOT-8
2T75
It has Victor gauges and handle with a 00 tip. The handle has these markings;
Model 315
CA1051

The oxygen tank is slightly taller and the same diameter as you can see by the picture.

The question is, can I jump up to a size 0 tip or should I stay with the size 00 it came with?

I have had no luck figuring out what I have and what I can do by internet searches, I think because everything is older than the internet.:)

torch.jpg

/ What size are my tanks #2  
Here's a couple examples of tank sizes, one has your style acetylene - been too long since I used my torches to help you with tip sizes, but if you can find a spec on max flow of the ones you want to use, your acetylene tank should be at least 10 TIMES the amount that tip can flow in one hour. Otherwise you run the risk of pulling acetone thru your hoses, and there are several reasons why you do NOT wanna do that - Here's a good start -

Fuel your safety knowledge - TheFabricator.com

HTH... Steve

Attachments

• Canister Sizes.pdf
    207.1 KB · Views: 120
  • A+Indust-Cyl-Dims.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
   / What size are my tanks
I've seen the same examples with my searches and it leaves me confused if the acetylene is size B or 3. The dimensions of the old tanks don't match the on-line examples.

/ What size are my tanks #4  
I wouldn't worry about pulling too much acetylene thru any size cutting tip with those tanks. A number 4 brazing tip might tax it and a rose bud for sure would but cutting tips up to size 3 should not be a problem.