Generator advice for welder

/ Generator advice for welder #11  
I've used one of the amazon bargain propane generators that were discussed on this board. They go on sale occasionally for $600.
Amazon.com: DuroMax XP1EH, 8 Running Watts/1 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I usually just run 1/8" rod on about 120 amps. This was using a ESAB 161 inverter welder.

What is it with the link generator dropping zeros? That should be Amazon.com: DuroMax XP1EH, 8000 Running Watts/10000 Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Anyways, I picked up one for $650 last year, runs great. I think several others have been using the same generator for welding. I've not seen the price drop below $650.
Here's the thread started by sodo:http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/336996-smokin-deal-10-000watt-generator.html?highlight=DuroMax

My son used it for a few days last summer due to a power outage and we used it again this summer to power construction tools when power was turned off at the site.. We run it on LP.

/ Generator advice for welder #12  
I've used one of the amazon bargain propane generators that were discussed on this board. They go on sale occasionally for $600.
Amazon.com: DuroMax XP1����EH, 8��� Running Watts/1���� Starting Watts, Dual Fuel Powered Portable Generator: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I usually just run 1/8" rod on about 120 amps. This was using a ESAB 161 inverter welder.

Ditto. I got this one for $650 and use the 50amp plug with my Lincon 210mp.

Sodo I believe also uses this generator for his welder.

/ Generator advice for welder
Thanks for the link on that generator. It's a grand right now, but I'm in no rush and might just watch it for a while to see if it comes down again. At $650, that's a fantastic deal!!!!

Do all of you use it on propane? Does that burn cleaner, which means fewer issues over time? How long does a five gallon tank last? I really like the idea of propane for emergency use during winter storms.

Thank you,
Eddie

/ Generator advice for welder #14  
   / Generator advice for welder #15  
I've got a wedding in October for my brother, I will be there on the 13/14. Think it's in lindale. If you want to come borrow my Miller efi bobcat 250, your welcome to it. If you can do it all in two days it would save a trip. Worst case it can power what your comfortable with. If you need it sooner, you can come get it! All it needs is gas

Brett

567d3cab1d55d19815e0aeefefd921f7_zpsnhula7ja.jpg

/ Generator advice for welder #16  
<snip>
Do all of you use it on propane? Does that burn cleaner, which means fewer issues over time? How long does a five gallon tank last? <snip>
Eddie
Propane for me skips the hassle of smuggling in alcohol free gasoline.
One of the guys on Amazon indicated he was burning about a gallon an hour running at a fairly full load.

I've got a wedding in October for my brother, I will be there on the 13/14. Think it's in lindale. If you want to come borrow my Miller efi bobcat 250, your welcome to it. If you can do it all in two days it would save a trip. Worst case it can power what your comfortable with. If you need it sooner, you can come get it! All it needs is gas

Brett

567d3cab1d55d19815e0aeefefd921f7_zpsnhula7ja.jpg

Thank you, but I never do anything quickly, and I'm nowhere near being ready to start welding. Right now, with the heat index at 117, I'm not doing much of anything. Once it cools off a little, I'll get back to removing trees. My goal, if I'm lucky, is to start on the fence early next year when the ground is still soft. Once summer hits, the crust of the red clay is more then I want to deal with.

/ Generator advice for welder #18  
Thank you, but I never do anything quickly, and I'm nowhere near being ready to start welding. Right now, with the heat index at 117, I'm not doing much of anything. Once it cools off a little, I'll get back to removing trees. My goal, if I'm lucky, is to start on the fence early next year when the ground is still soft. Once summer hits, the crust of the red clay is more then I want to deal with.

I know what you mean. Been in the shop the last two days off and I'm whooped. At least there's been some air flow. Well let me know when you get ready if you need it. Since I wired the shop with a 50amp welding plug and only use 30amp my bobcat just waits for a power outage most of the time

Brett

Thank you, that's very kind of you. How far are you from Lindale?

/ Generator advice for welder #20  
Thank you, that's very kind of you. How far are you from Lindale?

We live about 4 hrs away in a town called Navasota. My brother just graduated college in Tyler and met his future wife there, thus the trip to lindale for their wedding in October!

Brett