New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma

/ New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
Got it almost new off of Craig's list today. It stick welded pretty sweet but did not have a bottle so could not tig. Guy said he used it about 6 hr's and from the way it looks it could be true. Came with both an air cooled and a water cooled tig torch and an Everlast cooler and a bunch of supplies. Now I just need to learn Tig. Ed

/ New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma #2  
Got it almost new off of Craig's list today. It stick welded pretty sweet but did not have a bottle so could not tig. Guy said he used it about 6 hr's and from the way it looks it could be true. Came with both an air cooled and a water cooled tig torch and an Everlast cooler and a bunch of supplies. Now I just need to learn Tig. Ed

Ed let me know if I can help with setup or anything.

/ New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma
Thanks Mark, Don't think I would have bought it if I had not known you would be around. Ed

/ New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma #4  
Thanks Mark, Don't think I would have bought it if I had not known you would be around. Ed

Make sure you use a drier on the plasma cutter, a really good one. Don't just depend on the one in the unit.

/ New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma #5  
Make sure you use a drier on the plasma cutter, a really good one. Don't just depend on the one in the unit.

I second that. The biggest improvement in cut quality with my plasma cutter was putting a 2 quart vapor separator and 1 gallon desiccant drier on the line before the cutter. The cutter tips now last 3x as long as they did before.

The driers are somewhat expensive new, but I bought one used off of ebay for $50 with the vapor seperator, and the media was another $50.

/ New to me Everlast 256 S, Tig, Stick, Plasma
Thanks for the info, never had a plasma before so advice is welcome. Ed