New (to me) Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

/ New (to me) Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC
Here is my Miller Thunderbolt that I call my welding drag queen. These were sold by farm stores like TSC, Quality Farm & Fleet, etc. in the mid-1990's under a different name than Miller but it is in fact all Miller. Picked this up for $100 a few years back off craigslist. If things get tight, it would be the absolute last of my 4 welders that I would willingly part with.

Cool! I knew the same machine was also sold as a Hobart, but didn't realize they were also badged with other brands. That was $100 well spent on your part!

/ New (to me) Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC #32  
Well done, G-Man. I've begun to try my hand at welding and I've enjoyed your "ugly beads" thread as well as this one.

I hope to never stop learning.

/ New (to me) Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC #33  
Miller made the machines for other manufacturers but these models might have been before ITW owned both Miller and Hobart. Vertical up 7018 can be done more than one way. Some people pause at the sides longer and make what looks like criss crossing steps (usually lower amps), some people do shorter pauses with less pronounced steps and other people just weave side to side with barely a pause at all and just keep the rod moving. I've seen some vertical up 7018 on pipe that looks like it was roll welded in the flat position.

/ New (to me) Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC
Well done, G-Man. I've begun to try my hand at welding and I've enjoyed your "ugly beads" thread as well as this one.

I hope to never stop learning.

Thanks! I'm glad it helps more than just me :)