Everlast Regulator

/ Everlast Regulator #1  

roadhunter

Elite Member
Tractor
JCB 212SU
Wanted to pass along an expensive lesson I learned yesterday. I was doing some welding with my Everlast mig welder throughout the day and I noticed I was out of shielding gas at the end of the day. This seemed really strange as I had just replaced that bottle of c-25 recently and they typically last me a long time as I dont' use that much gas. I got to looking at the regulator that came with the welder was leaking where the sight glass attaches to the main body. Ended up wasting a $100 bottle of c-25 because of a cheap regulator leaking. I swapped the 20 year old regulator that came with my Miller and checked it for leaks and it tested great. Lesson learned.

So if you have one of the regulators that came with your Everlast welder you might want to check it for leaks occasionally as shielding gas is really expensive these days. Looks where the sight glass mounts to the main body.

/ Everlast Regulator #6  
I have a torch set with o2 regulator but no argon regulator. Would this work for that application as well?

/ Everlast Regulator
I ordered a new HTP regulator. It is slightly different than the old regulator as the cap that holds the sight glass on is machined. The cap on the regulator I got with my machine was not machined.

Checked it for leaks and there were none.

So from now on I'm going to periodically check my regulators for leaks to prevent losing valuable welding gas. I suspect this one had been leaking for some time and I just hadn't noticed it because I normally turn the valve off when I am finished. Lesson learned.

/ Everlast Regulator #8  
A lot of people speak very highly of this regulator / flow meter.
HTP Argon CO2 MIG TIG Flow Meter Regulator Welding Weld | eBay

I can't believe they can sell a flow meter that cheap. I took a never used Victor flow meter out of the box that I had bought new back in Maybe 1992. Connected it to the argon cylinder and got about 5 minutes of use out of it. It cost $45.00 to have it rebuilt. I have not checked but the re-builder told me that the Victor flow meter I have is over $200.00 today