Good article on stick welding

/ Good article on stick welding #1  

Mysfyt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901
file:///C:/Users/admin/Desktop/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-modern-stick-welding.htm

If somebody can hyperlink this, go ahead.

/ Good article on stick welding
That's it. Thanks!

/ Good article on stick welding #4  
Good article. I just hung in on the fridge so the wife can see why we need a new welder instead of a couch.

gg

/ Good article on stick welding #5  
Sorry, but I think this is a very poorly written article. Who has ever used 7025 or a 110/220 volt 300 or 400 amp machine? Who burns 5/32" rods at 250 amps? They also say it's never good to stop part way through a bead. Aren't you doing exactly that when you have to get another rod? If the machine's overheating that's where duty cycle comes in. They're making a bunch of generalizations and all over the place not really comparing apples to apples. There's a lot of good transformer and generator machines that won't stick the rod. Yeah inverters are nice but they have about 100 years to catch up on all the welding done with conventional machines. Just seems like the a business manager and an engineer could have written a better article explaining the advantages of an inverter.

/ Good article on stick welding
I thought the info on 7018 rod was worth the time to read. Pretty popular choice for those that stick weld on this forum, from what I can tell. But what do I know?

/ Good article on stick welding #7  
I do not think it has much value for advance or very experienced welders, but I am sure for novice or not very experienced guys and gals, they can learn something from it

/ Good article on stick welding #8  
I didn't think it was that useful. I'm going to keep on using my 30 year old industrial machine.

/ Good article on stick welding #10  
I do not think it has much value for advance or very experienced welders, but I am sure for novice or not very experienced guys and gals, they can learn something from it

I don't think it was useful at all for newbies either. Not enough basic info and no discussion at all of rods other than 7018 or why you might use something else. I'd call the article a puff piece that someone got $250 for churning out 500 words of filler.