Well that was stupid

/ Well that was stupid #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
OK, just so others can feel good about themselves. Welding a large sculpture. 1/8" x 4" square tubing. Got some scrap to test with and get my settings right. Played and played and finally felt I had dialed in my welder (the settings on the panel seems too agressive). Was ready to weld. Friend stopped by, said hey, can you weld this X together real quick. And I did. He was happy, I was happy he was happy. He drove away. I grabbed up my welder and grabbed my sculpture and burned a hole right through it. Never reset my welder and to make it worse in all of my fluster I completely forgot what settings I had settled on.

/ Well that was stupid #2  
You don't know whether to laugh or cry when those things happen.

/ Well that was stupid #3  
Happens to the best if us... And Im far from the best so i do it more than most!

A little time on a low heat setting and some grinder work and you'll patch that right up!

/ Well that was stupid #4  
I can commiserate with you! :laughing: Working on something small and intricate, then think to myself, hey, I got the welder out. Might be a good time to repair that big thing I've been putting off. Feel all good about getting the big thing done, then go back to the intricate work and blow a hole through it. :confused3:

/ Well that was stupid #6  
I am pretty sure most of us have done what you did least once.....twice. :eek:

/ Well that was stupid #7  
You can fix that. Dumb is something you can't fix. Stop by; I've got lots of examples.

Once I welded a nice piece of work to the plate welding table top. Duh, and I know better.

/ Well that was stupid #8  
As a consolation prize, you should know you are the last man on this earth that will every make a welding mistake. :D
Thank you for taking one for the team. :thumbsup:

Heck I make several welding mistakes on every project I work on.

On this last project I made (my grapple bush grabber project), I took my time and carefully measured and drilled four 1/2 inch holes thru the thick steel upper plate and just a bit later when I tried to fit in on the grapple I notice that one hole was about 3/8 of an inch out of place.
Well poop!. I drilled another and welded up the original.

Hey the ability to weld holes shut is just a bonus with owning a welder.:)