#10 tradesman auto darkening lens

/ #10 tradesman auto darkening lens #1  

mechanic

Silver Member
I have had this lens for over 20 years and still works but it seems that it is getting darker when using it. I start seeing then it seems to be harder to see. Like it is getting darker, not sure. These lens are expensive so I thought a pair of harbor freight yellow tinted safety glasses might brighten the area around the weld. I can see the puddle but the area around that I am welding or joint is too dark to see. Maybe going to a #9. This might be to light. I guess I'll have to experiment. Anyone else solve this same issue. I have a gold #9 but at the very edge I see some gold missing. The part you look through is fine. I might try it and see if I can see better. Though I do remember using a # 9 stick welding and it was too bright. Have a answer to problem let me know. Thanks

/ #10 tradesman auto darkening lens
I have had this lens for over 20 years and still works but it seems that it is getting darker when using it. I start seeing then it seems to be harder to see. Like it is getting darker, not sure. These lens are expensive so I thought a pair of harbor freight yellow tinted safety glasses might brighten the area around the weld. I can see the puddle but the area around that I am welding or joint is too dark to see. Maybe going to a #9. This might be to light. I guess I'll have to experiment. Anyone else solve this same issue. I have a gold #9 but at the very edge I see some gold missing. The part you look through is fine. I might try it and see if I can see better. Though I do remember using a # 9 stick welding and it was too bright. Have a answer to problem let me know. Thanks
Well noone would answer me. So figured it out. Number nine gold is the answer

/ #10 tradesman auto darkening lens #3  
Starting In 1990, Auto Darkening was the answer for me.