Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP

/ Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #11  
You guys and your fancy hoods. Inside of my hood looks like this. :D

This is prolly why:

: IMG_1506.JPG

" Shield Arc, we're out of D batteries, again! Oh and the helmet needs batteries TOO.."

/ Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #12  
I weld better with a regular hood because I can see better. I'm better at striking an arc in the intended spot with the auto darkening.

/ Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #13  
   / Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP
This is prolly why:

:View attachment 490177

" Shield Arc, we're out of D batteries, again! Oh and the helmet needs batteries TOO.."
This is what I tell my wife... 'she looks like you!' Scores a lot of points, even if she doesn't believe me. :D

I weld better with a regular hood because I can see better. I'm better at striking an arc in the intended spot with the auto darkening.
You got to be kidding... but I must be misunderstanding you? Can you say 'old school'? More power to you. As one the picked up welding after a 35 year hiatus... I love the technology.

/ Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP
   / Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #16  
Aren't those fancy hoods awfully heavy? This is what they made us wear, now this is heavy. Especially when you had to tilt your head to the side to weld up under something! :thumbdown:

Attachments

• Hard hat 1.JPG
    Hard hat 1.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 69
   / Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #17  
Aren't those fancy hoods awfully heavy? This is what they made us wear, now this is heavy. Especially when you had to tilt your head to the side to weld up under something! :thumbdown:
That was the number one reason that I quit welding, when we had to wear a hardhat with the hoods. When welding pipe, you always had to lean your head sideways when starting under the bottom of the pipe on each pass and ALWAYS the hood slipped sideways. You could use the ratcheting head band on your hard hat but to keep the hood on, you had to ratchet it down so tight that you would get a headache. Thankfully I got in to supervision and later on QA/QC Manager before I had to weld with them other than a little demonstration now and then when I taught welding at a community college.

/ Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #18  
View attachment 490183

Here is what I am dealing with. This is stupid! I should have popped this off and replaced the batteries hours ago. :pullinghair: Yeah that reflection in the pic is my U@W Husky shirt. Go Dawgs!
Slide that top cover to the left. Push with your thumb on the grooved area with arrow, that says "lock".

Attachments

• Miller.jpg
    Miller.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 64
   / Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #19  
You guys and your fancy hoods. Inside of my hood looks like this. :D

What is that an old Huntsman with an Arc One lens?:shocked: My 1st rep job was with arc one back in the 90's.

/ Miller Classic Welding Helmet - HELP #20  
That was the number one reason that I quit welding, when we had to wear a hardhat with the hoods. When welding pipe, you always had to lean your head sideways when starting under the bottom of the pipe on each pass and ALWAYS the hood slipped sideways. You could use the ratcheting head band on your hard hat but to keep the hood on, you had to ratchet it down so tight that you would get a headache. Thankfully I got in to supervision and later on QA/QC Manager before I had to weld with them other than a little demonstration now and then when I taught welding at a community college.
I think that is the reason my neck bothers me 24 / 7. Yes it was a big help when the ratcheting head gear for the hard hats came out, but like you said you had to tighten them so tight to keep them on your head! :thumbdown:

What is that an old Huntsman with an Arc One lens?:shocked: My 1st rep job was with arc one back in the 90's.
Yes it is. I never thought I'd switch to an auto lens, but I really like the ArcOne lens!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• ArcOne Huntsman.JPG
    ArcOne Huntsman.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 58