beginner novice needs a light duty welder

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder
Not really - closest in MO is Springfield - 2+ hour drive away. There is one supposedly in MT Home AR, but would require out of state tuition even though it is only 30 min away. Good idea, just does not work well where we are. Thanks.

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder #22  
nickmags run an ad in your local Craigs list, or newspaper. Asking if an experienced welder would be willing to give you lessons. You would be amazed how fast you can learn with one on one instruction.

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder #23  
Another option would be to visit the LWS, They will or should be glad to set up a machine and let you run it with some pre training. Tell them you are interested. Most have a demo room with equipment there just for that purpose. I did that for years back in the 80's and 90's. Fast and free to get you hooked.

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder
Great idea, in fact, I met a fellow retiree at church a couple of months back who spent many years as a welder. Not sure what kind of equipment he still has, but worth a shot. Thanks -
nickmags run an ad in your local Craigs list, or newspaper. Asking if an experienced welder would be willing to give you lessons. You would be amazed how fast you can learn with one on one instruction.

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder #25  
Over the years I've had several guys come to my place for welding lessons. Back when working I helped guys get ready to take the state structural welding tests.

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder #26  
Shield, now that you are "unemployed" maybe you could travel the country giving welding lessons. You can start at my house.

/ beginner novice needs a light duty welder #27  
Over the years I've had several guys come to my place for welding lessons. Back when working I helped guys get ready to take the state structural welding tests.
I'm one of the fortunate ones who got a jumpstart... when I bought my welder, I brought it over to SA's place and we played with it. He spent a couple hours with me and it was an amazing what I learned. First thing I learned was to wear my reading glasses under my helmet. :duh: