Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one?

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #1  

Ehanson

Silver Member
Tractor
S373-D
I have read Sodo's post on MillerMatic 200, because I was at the Tool Store today and looked through the welders.
I am trying to justify the $1700 CDN on a Multimatic 215, or the Miller Matic 200 @ $1500.00 CDN
I grabbed a brochure and it calls the MultiMatic 215 "new".
I would like to be able to dabble in aluminum now and again.
Doe any one have a Multimatic 215 ?

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #2  
Are you a portable guy? I have the 211MVP transformer style. Great machine but not portable... but I'm not either. :D Am interested in 215 user comments.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #3  
I look at the small spool,, and have the wonder about this much $$$ for the machine.

My small projects easily need 5# of weld filler metal,,,
My dilemma is that the cost of welding supplies can take the fun out of a project.

Would you not be better off with a machine that CAN take a large spool?

My machine is a stick welder,, with a spool gun and gas. Mine needs the small spools.
I have the gas, spool gun,, etc,,, but, I stick weld exclusively,,, because of wire/rod cost difference.

If you do not worry about ongoing costs,,, disregard my post.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #4  
I have a Miller Multimatic 200, but I cannot speak on the 215.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #5  
I look at the small spool,, and have the wonder about this much $$$ for the machine.

My small projects easily need 5# of weld filler metal,,,
My dilemma is that the cost of welding supplies can take the fun out of a project.

Would you not be better off with a machine that CAN take a large spool?

My machine is a stick welder,, with a spool gun and gas. Mine needs the small spools.
I have the gas, spool gun,, etc,,, but, I stick weld exclusively,,, because of wire/rod cost difference.

If you do not worry about ongoing costs,,, disregard my post.

Are you referring to the pics of the 215 with a 2 lb spool in it?
That machine fits up to an 11 pound spool.

I don't have that 200 or 215, but I wouldn't mind owning the 215 :)

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #6  
You will need to buy a spool gun to weld Alum. with the MM215.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #7  
If you're not stuck on Miller you can get a Tweco 211i Mig Tig Stick 115 / 230v with power factor correction and many other features for under 1K. Takes a 44# spool if needed. I'm trying to think of another unit that will have those features too but I'm blank. Check Everlast..Do your homework and get what you want. The Miller would be a nice unit too but do check all features and benefits for your $$$. The Miller units I believe come from Italy. I think the new ESAB Rebel will do a large spool too but I would not vouch for it for too many reasons. The only reason I would vouch for the 211i is because I have one and it's been good. It's my go to small machine. I would put money on it easily being the hottest 115v on the market and I do and have ran them all. Good Luck.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #8  
I have read Sodo's post on MillerMatic 200, because I was at the Tool Store today and looked through the welders.
I am trying to justify the $1700 CDN on a Multimatic 215, or the Miller Matic 200 @ $1500.00 CDN
I grabbed a brochure and it calls the MultiMatic 215 "new".
I would like to be able to dabble in aluminum now and again.
Doe any one have a Multimatic 215 ?

I have the Multimatic 200. It does aluminum the same way as the 215: with a MIG spool gun. No AC TIG function on either.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one?
These were on sale at a local store with a free stand thrown in. I thought the sale was till end of March, but I went back last Saturday to buy it and was told the sale was over end of Feb!
I passed, and now wait for another sale some day. Or it gives me time to watch buy and sell sites for something used.

/ Miller Multimatic 215 / How new are they? Anyone have one? #10  
I think with the Esab Rebel and Lincoln Power Mig 210MP coming out, Miller had to come out with a new machine to compete but $1700 seems a bit much to me. I'd price out a few different machines and see the difference in price before being set on a specific one.