Harris flow meter

/ Harris flow meter #1  

Bday

Silver Member
Tractor
53' Allis WD, 54' Allis WD 45, 52' allis CA, Farmall 560, 656 , 47' Deere model A , 38' Deere model A
Hi guys excuse my ignorance! I bought this used. Leaks at the connection in pic with gasket. Is it missing another piece or gasket bad? Gasket is solid not pliable. I tried tightening it still leaks. Never had one like this apart. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
   / Harris flow meter #2  
It looks like you are trying to adapt it from oxygen to some other gas (maybe CO2). Your gauge nipple is likely damaged too much to use.

I would suggest that you just remove the nipple from the gauge and put in a nipple and nut to match what ever you are trying to use it for. Use some Teflon paste on the nipple when installing it. The correct nipple and nut is available at your LWS.

/ Harris flow meter
I just got it. Not sure what the adapter configuration is. So the welding supply will have a new stem with the male fitting for the bottle right?

/ Harris flow meter
Over on HTP site. It is a cga320 female fitting for Co2 tank only. The meter shows argon also, not sure why it would only be plumbed for CO2 only. Thanks

/ Harris flow meter #5  
If you're going to be using argon or steelmix, swap it out to the correct fitting, chances are the welding shop will do it for free if you buy the parts and indicate that you'll probably buy supplies there as well. It will work with a new CO2 gasket, and they are pretty inexpensive, but it's just another connection that will cause problems sooner or later.

/ Harris flow meter
Wow, that shows how long it's been since I have used straight Co2! Forgot what the tank looked like! It's the Co2 to argon adapter. Thanks for the input guys!