Out of my comfort zone.

/ Out of my comfort zone. #1  

Shield Arc

Tractor
John Deere, 4200
A guy ask me to help him put an extension on a wheel barrow tub. He is going to build a power wheel barrow. The tub is 17-GA, the extensions are 16-GA. The top rail is thin wall electrical conduit. He has a Everlast Power Mig 140E.
Trust me I've never been good at welding this thin of metal:eek:, but this 140E with .023 wire is making this project a piece of cake. Very impressed with this Mig welder.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• 140E.jpg
    140E.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 369
  • Corner weld.jpg
    Corner weld.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 314
  • Weld.jpg
    Weld.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 300
   / Out of my comfort zone. #2  
A guy ask me to help him put an extension on a wheel barrow tub. He is going to build a power wheel barrow. The tub is 17-GA, the extensions are 16-GA. The top rail is thin wall electrical conduit. He has a Everlast Power Mig 140E.
Trust me I've never been good at welding this thin of metal:eek:, but this 140E with .023 wire is making this project a piece of cake. Very impressed with this Mig welder.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Very cool project... did you heat and roll the edge? Would love to hear how you did that!

/ Out of my comfort zone.
Used the break and shop press for the 16-GA extensions. Used the roller for the conduit.

Attachments

• Break1.jpg
    Break1.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Tube roller 1.jpg
    Tube roller 1.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 182
   / Out of my comfort zone. #4  
Used the break and shop press for the 16-GA extensions. Used the roller for the conduit.
Gotcha... I had to look again at the original pics... I first thought I saw the you were forming the rim in place which I thought was crazy... but I wouldn't put it past you! :D

/ Out of my comfort zone. #5  
I have discovered I need to buy the rollers and gun liner for .023 for my welder. I don't weld any thin stuff I want to turn out decent.

I have discovered I need to buy the rollers and gun liner for .023 for my welder. I don't weld any thin stuff I want to turn out decent.
When I built this lumber rack. I had a Linde VI-206 Mig welder. I had nothing but trouble running .023 wire in it:thumbdown::thumbdown:. If I would have had my Miller Dynasty 300 Tig machine at that time I would have just Tig welded the whole thing.

Attachments

• 30$ rack.jpg
    30$ rack.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 226
Mark that was for Lyle, the guy you ask me to help a while back. He lives in Tacoma. I bet he told me 50 times I can't weld!:laughing:

/ Out of my comfort zone. #9  
"Out of your comfort zone"???
Somehow I doubt that. SA you could have done that with a couple of car batteries and jumper cables......

I am just a real hobby welder, but I have three green machines in my shop and while I am happy with all of them I can't do what SA does.

crackerjack222 I too am just a hobby welder! ;)