Tig Finger

/ Tig Finger #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
Do they come in different sizes? I ordered the first one I seen on Amazon. They said one size fits all. One customer review said he could almost get 2 fingers inside it, so I decided it was good enough for me.

When it arrive, I found my bare index finger will fit but not with a welding glove on.

Tig Finger.jpg

/ Tig Finger #2  
I bought a couple of them. They are too cumbersome for me. For Tig welding I use the Ove gloves.

Attachments

• ove glove 2.JPG
    ove glove 2.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 213
   / Tig Finger #3  
I use it on my pinky since that's the one I drag.

But there is a two finger version as well, the tig finger XL.

The Ove glove is a great idea too.

/ Tig Finger
It would fit me if I used it the way it was intended, but I don't have a tig welder. I bought it so I could guide a new long rod to the desired weld area. I have a habit of hanging on too long, then my index finger gets warm, the leather glove shrinks, and it is a bear getting the hot glove off fast enough.

/ Tig Finger #5  
Shield Arc's reply is dead-on. Use the Ove gloves. Bob

/ Tig Finger #6  
It would fit me if I used it the way it was intended, but I don't have a tig welder. I bought it so I could guide a new long rod to the desired weld area. I have a habit of hanging on too long, then my index finger gets warm, the leather glove shrinks, and it is a bear getting the hot glove off fast enough.

Fix #1, stop hanging on too long :D
Fix #2, Ove glove will work, but go back to #1 instead - lol

Couple students I had this year thought that "pool cuing" the stick would be better - took me a few days to get them out of that habit - plus they were ruining a brand new glove...

Strike the rod, immediately move hand back.
In my opinion :)

/ Tig Finger #7  
I use leather gloves, get them wet and wear them until they dry, maybe a little heat on them.

Let them shrink fit to my hand. They are right when I have enough dexterity to pick up and start a 10-32 nut with them on.

/ Tig Finger
The Ove gloves look interesting but I am back to the same question, does it come in sizes or is it one size fits all? The "one size fits all" size is usually too small for me, especially with hats, gloves or even socks.

/ Tig Finger #9  
The Ove gloves look interesting but I am back to the same question, does it come in sizes or is it one size fits all? The "one size fits all" size is usually too small for me, especially with hats, gloves or even socks.

You're just bragging now, am I right?

/ Tig Finger #10  
I bought a couple of them. They are too cumbersome for me. For Tig welding I use the Ove gloves.

I took SA's advice a couple of years ago. The gloves here in Canada are $20 EACH.

Terry