Hobart handler 135

/ Hobart handler 135 #1  

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
I have had this for some time now ran out of wire last I used it for might needed it tonight out of gas , put Flux wire on switched power leads as shown in manual. Welds great but has power to tip as soon as it's plugged in. Turning power switch on allows wire to advance. Sound right or do I need to change something else.

/ Hobart handler 135 #2  
There should be no welding current unless you have the mig gun trigger depressed. There will be a small residual amount after letting go of the trigger, enough to cause a spark, but that should be all it does.

/ Hobart handler 135 #3  
It shouldn't be doing that. Your contactor is probably stuck.

Terry

/ Hobart handler 135
Thanks for with info will try an see if I Can get it ton work. Never reversed polarity before to use with Flux core. Worked OK when set for might welding.

/ Hobart handler 135 #5  
Did you switch the roller also?

/ Hobart handler 135 #6  
FYI. Check out this board. Sign up speak your piece and maybe one of the regulars will advise you. Also , this site is monitored by Hobart techs so one of them may help you out. It's a pretty quiet site lately but still worth a shot. Also do a search there. I seem to remember years back a couple guys posing that same question.

/ Hobart handler 135 #7  
Check if the gun switch is stuck on. You should be able to hear it click with the machine off. Could be a stuck contactor too. Probably not the case but have seen this problem when someone had the gun sitting on the trigger.