Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #1  

greif

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar sx3100
Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder, any good for lite duty? On sale for $199

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #2  
Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder, any good for lite duty? On sale for $199

Not trying to hijack your thread. I just purchased one today probably be awhile before I receive the order. Than maybe I can post some feedback. Hoping that others that have used it can provide some feedback. What sold me was that it is fluxcore only and wiring output is DCEN, if that helps? KK

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #4  
Why would you consider that an advantage? :confused3:

The wiring diagram shows that this unit is designed DCEN for fluxcore welding. Many other fluxcore units are DCEP. From what I've gleaned from others, is that DCEN would be more appropriate. With that said ... I ordered the Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115 Wire Feed Welder. Also the it comes with a flux core nozzle which makes the tip & wire easier to see & place to your work. Whereas the GMAW has the larger dia. gas nozzle. I have a Hobart 140 that has the GMAW (MIG) set up for solid wire. Wanted another unit DCEN designed especially for fluxcore only without the additional expense of GMAW connections. Hope this helps! KW USAF 62-66

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #5  
Set up the Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 as in your post. Received unit a few days ago. Used it for repairing a 4 point rake that the 2 center points came off. Sort of like a U. Not familiar with how to place photo at this time but the points that came off were approx 3/16 inch dia. Got them re positioned. Used the 3 setting with 30 feed setting. Tacked the points as they were previously tacked to position.

First time attempt with this Unit. Used Hobart E71-11 .030 flux cored wire. Nothing spectacular, as this senile citizen has a lot to learn. I was quite satisfied with the Hobart 100 DCEN and the result. Quite sure this DC unit, with practice and experience, will do the lite duty it was designed for and do it satisfactorily. Hopefully I may get some time to see if I can get a photo posted, if that be desired? Hope this helps! KW USAF 62-66

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #6  
The wiring diagram shows that this unit is designed DCEN for fluxcore welding. Many other fluxcore units are DCEP. From what I've gleaned from others, is that DCEN would be more appropriate. With that said ... I ordered the Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115 Wire Feed Welder. Also the it comes with a flux core nozzle which makes the tip & wire easier to see & place to your work. Whereas the GMAW has the larger dia. gas nozzle. I have a Hobart 140 that has the GMAW (MIG) set up for solid wire. Wanted another unit DCEN designed especially for fluxcore only without the additional expense of GMAW connections. Hope this helps! KW USAF 62-66

I may have just switched the 140 to DCEN and bought a FC nozzle and saved $200. No matter though. You can never have enough welders. I just downsized to 5.

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #7  
I may have just switched the 140 to DCEN and bought a FC nozzle and saved $200. No matter though. You can never have enough welders. I just downsized to 5.

Very nicely done! Kept my Hobart 140 set up for solid wire DCEP. The HAAT 100 is DCEN for fluxcore and ready to go without having to rewire or change HB 140 to fluxcore. Not a big deal. Besides I needed another welder :). KK

/ Hobart Auto Arc Toolmate 100 115V Wire Feed Welder #8  
Thanks for the input on this welder as I am about to purchase one for light work also . Just wondering if you guys are still happy with the welder ? I have an old but like new Lincoln buzz box for heavy duty stuff .