Gas flux core wire

/ Gas flux core wire #1  

MJO63

Tractor
farmtrc
Any welding supply sell 4lb spools of this wire?.

/ Gas flux core wire #2  
None around here. Question answered.

Now as to the question: I have flux core wire for my non-gas welders in 2 and 10# rolls and non flux core wire in the same sizes for my gas MIG. I'm curious as to why you use (or think you need) the additional cleansing of the joint by using flux with gas?

/ Gas flux core wire #3  
I'm confused, as MJO63 doesn't indicate that they have a gas welder (unless they've edited their question.) EDIT: Read the darned title, dummy!
Our local Lowes sells both flux core and solid wire in several sizes. I also note that my "convertible" welder (gas/solid or no gas / flux core) reverses polarity between the two processes. I've not tried flux core with argon-yet. Now I sort of want to.

Last edited:
   / Gas flux core wire #4  
If I ever master both regular processes,I'll give gas shielded flux core a try. They sell wire just for the process. I spected it's only required for very specialized occasions.

/ Gas flux core wire
Ok I will ask again I'm looking for a roll of duel shield for my welder 4 lb.

/ Gas flux core wire #6  
Personally, I like to use argon (straight up, as I also use the same bottle for aluminum TIG work) with solid wire, but I sometimes use flux-core to save moving the bottle from cart to cart. I cannot imagine any work that I do that would require flux and shielding gas.

/ Gas flux core wire
I would like duel shield better then intershield I also have a bottle of 75/25

/ Gas flux core wire #8  
Dual shield is great when working in doors. Or if you can set up wind breaks when working outside. If you have to work outside, without wind breaks gasless flux core works better.

Attachments

• Best NR 212.jpg
    Best NR 212.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 128
   / Gas flux core wire #9  
Ok I will ask again I'm looking for a roll of duel shield for my welder 4 lb.

Answered again: Sorry I can't help you. Wish I could!

/ Gas flux core wire #10  
If I am understanding original posters question , He is looking for a 4 lb. roll . I can't find any of my sources who sell 4 lb. rolls . 2 lb. , 8 lb. , 10 lb. , and even bigger . :confused3:

Fred H.