Synergic welders (pulse) - your experiences, comments, suggestions

/ Synergic welders (pulse) - your experiences, comments, suggestions #1  

frugalangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
I've finally decided to replace a older lower amp MIG/Flux welder, and have decided to go with a 3in1 Synergic machine.
What I'd like to hear are your experiences using one, good, bad, indifferent!
I know they are supposedly superior on aluminum, which I'll need to weld some in the future, but just in general what has anyone that uses one have to say.

Thanks in advance.

/ Synergic welders (pulse) - your experiences, comments, suggestions #2  
They get expensive.

/ Synergic welders (pulse) - your experiences, comments, suggestions #3  
I've finally decided to replace a older lower amp MIG/Flux welder, and have decided to go with a 3in1 Synergic machine.
What I'd like to hear are your experiences using one, good, bad, indifferent!
I know they are supposedly superior on aluminum, which I'll need to weld some in the future, but just in general what has anyone that uses one have to say.

Thanks in advance.

Synergic means different things to different companies. Some say they are synergic and they only kind of are. That is a whole topic on it's own. Pulse is great and yes it's nice on Aluminum but if you want to pay the pulse mig price, I'd throw another grand at it and get something Twin Pulse that allows you to set it up like a Tig Welder. Pulse frequency, Current change, Relationship, Push Pull option. This would be a nice big step above something like a Miller 350P or Lincoln MP. Takes about 6K to get started but the machine will do most of the work for you. Look up Fronius or Lorch. lorch would be my pic because they do single phase and Fronius does not. I run a Lorch 320 SP. It's more than amazing. Tig welds at Mig speeds. You can quickly set it up like a Tig Welder and you can do 1/16 aluminum with 3/64 wire. Stainless is incredible as well. I just use synergic smart mig or pulse for steel. There is a whole other world of welding out there compared to what is normally used in the USA. Do you need this equipment? Nope. Is it cool? You bet.