Mig mix $$ price by you?

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Anyone buy C25 this year yet? The tank from fall was a 50 dollar bill. The tank from earlier this month was pushing 80$. 150 cu foot cylinder @ the Airgas.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #2  
Might want to shop around. Fact is, there is only a nickel's worth of gas in there. Poor small shops suffer badly. They have larger accounts paying $19 for the big tank.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #3  
Do you rent or own your tank? I own mine simply because I can go months between welding and my 80cf seams to last me years. But they charge me a premium. They don't fill the tank but exchange it with another customer owned tank so I don't have to worry about the tank inspection. Last summer I think I paid over $60 for a tank of C25.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #4  
is there any difference from the argon/CO2 mix to just straight CO2? I've been hearing a little chatter about it but no real defined answers about how it works... I do know that it is a lot cheaper than the argon mix.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #5  
11B2620 straight CO2 will run a little hotter weld, and produce a little more splatter. But you can dial the welder in where the splatter is not even there.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #6  
I agree. A lot of the newer imported inverters run CO2 very nicely. ( including Miller, Hobart, Lincoln etc which are All imported ) The transformer units struggle a little with spatter but as SA stated. Tune it out with wire, volts and or stick out. If you just weld your own stuff then you owe it to yourself to try CO2. $25 of CO2 will out last 4 of the $60 tanks.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #7  
Anyone buy C25 this year yet? The tank from fall was a 50 dollar bill. The tank from earlier this month was pushing 80$. 150 cu foot cylinder @ the Airgas.
I bought C25 from my LWS a couple months ago. It was $62.95 plus $2.50 Hazmat plus tax for a 150cu ft bottle. I own a tank, it is a simple swap. Invoice said 162cu ft volume. Not sure how they figured that but maybe that is standard fill volume?

/ Mig mix $$ price by you?
I own the tank. I think the biggest they will exchange. No competition unless I drive for it. Never thought about straight CO2 really. It could work in my world. That much cheaper, huh? BTW, the pushing 80 price was after I yelped. The one guy I normally deal with wasn't there and this one passed it off as an after the first of the year price increase.

/ Mig mix $$ price by you? #9  
And BTW, what is the hazmat charge??? :confused3: CO2 and argon? give me a break.