Welding Gases At TSC

/ Welding Gases At TSC #1  

SnowRidge

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-425 / Branson 3520
Stopped by Tractor Supply today for a sack of wild bird seed and saw a brand new locker arrangement bolted to the sidewalk in front of the store. An acetylene warning sign caught my eye, so I took a closer look.

TSC has a new welding gas cylinder exchange program in conjunction with Thoroughbred Industrial Cylinder Exchange. The setup was brand new, and according to the clerk, the first gas delivery is scheduled for some time this week.

TSC has brochures in the store, which look to be from Thoroughbred with the TSC logo added. I got the impression that this will be available at most, if not all stores.

Typical price: 75 cu ft acetylene -- $20.83 exchange, $176.06 purchase full

The prices are printed in the brochure, so I imagine they will be the same everywhere.

I also suspect this will be controversial.

SnowRidge

/ Welding Gases At TSC #2  
SnowRidge

Being able to get an oxygen or acetylene tank filled on Saturday or Sunday cannot be done around my hometown. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
If TSC starts carrying tanks I'll probably use their exchange program. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Welding Gases At TSC #3  
My local TSC has had this welding gas service for more than 1 year. Now if they would just sell pressure treated fence posts.....

/ Welding Gases At TSC
<font color="red"> (My local TSC has had this welding gas service for more than 1 year. Now if they would just sell pressure treated fence posts.....) </font>

There is hope. My local TSC has been selling pressure treated fence posts for more than a year. Since we are getting the welding gasses too, maybe you'll get the fence posts as well. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Welding Gases At TSC #5  
We would have a dang good TSC if our two stores were combined /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Welding Gases At TSC #6  
I'm not looking to stir up a debate or anything, just popping out here why I have stopped shopping at TSC for now.

Locally, there is a nice store- lots of selection most of the time, good people. However, at times they get really busy. The guy who seems to "run the show" was wandering through one day looking all flustered and hot. I didn't pick up on that before I asked him for help with a mower purchase. He stopped, turned around, looked at me, hissed, rolled his eyes, and said WHAT?!? I stepped back in surprise, and said "oh, nothing... no big deal. I just had a quick question..." I started to walk off.
He said "What did you want?" impatiently... I asked my question- something about bagger attachments, I think. He turned and was walking 7 feet away before he said "No." and shook his head.

Last year, We spent $3723 on feed, fencing, grease, and general products to get our 10 acre farm plus our home up and running. We bought a lawn sweeper, trailer hitches, ducks, chickens, feeders, waterers, 200 lbs sweet feed every 5 weeks, seed, chemicals for pest control, weed control... and the list goes on.
I'm not mad at TSC. I'd just rather shop at a local farmer's co-op or smaller store.
Seems like it is getting harder and harder to get consistently good service anywhere nowadays.
This is just an isolated incident. I just wanted to suggest if this happens to you, local shops would appreciate your business again. The ones here seem to...for now.
And ya know what? I'm not very hard to please.
C1
C1

/ Welding Gases At TSC #7  
I went to TSC about a week or so ago to return some tractor lights I had bought and to purchase a some other items (drawbar, etc.) The net transaction came out in TSC favor (I owed them)

Anyways, the young lady who handled the transaction for me took my old receipt with the lights on it and marked that they had been returned and rang up the new sale and I gave her my credit which she ran through - but she didn't hand me my old receipt back (there were probably a dozen other items on it.) - so I asked for it back. She explained that it was company policy to keep receipts with items that are returned. I pointed out to her that there were a number of other items on the receipt and that I needed the receipt and asked her if she could at least give a copy of it. She said that because I hadn't bought the lights at that particular TSC she couldn't, but guessed that it would be ok to let me have the old one, this time only, which she then did. At that point I pointed out that this probably wasn't a real good policy on TSC's part, since many times invoices often have more than one item on them and that customers often need the receipts for various reasons (in my case, one of the other items was a $100 dollar fuel pump and I wanted the receipt in case of any warranty issues). At this point she got a little nasty and said basically "Well, that's why I told you - so that in the future you will know that you can't keep the receipt."

I'm thinking that for my next TSC purchase I just might ask to have ALL the items rung separately ........ <grin>

/ Welding Gases At TSC #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( She said that because I hadn't bought the lights at that particular TSC she couldn't, but guessed that it would be ok to let me have the old one, this time only, which she then )</font>

The few times that I have returned something at TSC.. they ALWAYS gave me the old reciept back if it had other items on it.. they just marked thru the returned ones.

Alos.. to the poster above. I've also had customer service problems at TSC. And their upper management doesn't do didly about it. I've written a couple times to tehm.. nice letters.. no cursing.. etc.. just pointing out some concerns... neary a reply.

I buy ALL my feed now at the local feed coop. I get a better price and a better selection as well.

I do still get odd-n-end items from tsc.. including a fence post or two if I need to do a repair.. but for major fence projects.. I go to one of the bigger fence suppliers and get the fencing in bulk.. Saves 25-30% over tsc and home depot/lowes.

For instance.. on fence posts.. at the local big fence supply store.. you can buy singally for near the price of tsc/lowes/home depot.. or you can buy a large 6'diamater banded bundle of them... that's where the savings comes in..

Soundguy

/ Welding Gases At TSC #10  
I my best Larry The Cable Guy voice

I got gas at a tractor supply one time and they asked me to leave. Do you belive that?

Now That's funny I don't care who you are, That's funny