/ So it begins #1  

Evan03

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case 580, bobcat 763
20180309_105026.jpg

Horse fence on my property. Itl be a on going project

/ So it begins
Its all 2 7/8" cost for smaller only went down 100bucks fir about 375ft of fence.

/ So it begins #4  
Looks bigger on the trailer

/ So it begins
Drill rod is 31ft posts are 7ft to make a 5ft tall fence.
372 ft to start. Have 2 acres to fence. This is just enough to go around the barn area

/ So it begins #8  
When I built my corral I used old oil field pipe. I purchased the parts and acted as a "gofer" for a local guy I paid to do the welding. I used the pipe and ¾" sucker rod.

Where the sucker and the pipe met, to ensure a good, reliable weld, he had these little bent pieces of ⅛" or so rod, about 2" long that fit around the sucker that he welded to the posts......probably available at the welding supply store just like caps for the pipe you weld on. You had a good welding surface on both sides of the sucker and made for a good reliable, easily administered, weld.

Work was done in 2005, worked some heavy, boystrous, cattle in it and no welds broken to date.

/ So it begins
Posts planted now the fun part.20180325_185020.jpg

Had crystal chase a craigs list ad today got this torch for 100. Id planned to get 30air but that just didnt work out.
IMG_5270.jpg

Im glad its not a victor. I bought brand unknown and site unseen. Headed home now to see if it works. Hooefully the bottles i bought 10 years ago didnt leak.

/ So it begins #10  
Jumping in to watch the progress!