Welding gas bottle, buy or lease?

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #41  
I had accounts at both Airgas AND Air Liquide (since the 1960's)

Since AirLiquide bought out Airgas in North America last year it's been a real time saver for me. I only need to go to ONE place now to get screwed.

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #42  

Since AirLiquide bought out Airgas in North America last year it's been a real time saver for me. I only need to go to ONE place now to get screwed.
Haha ain't that the truth

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #43  

Why do you have to beat around the bush Terry, just say how you feel. :D

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #44  
TSC stopped selling gas and tanks at the store near me.

Mine did too. I have 4 within 30 miles and all 4 don't sell gas, only propane. My only option right now is Airgas. Leased a Argon/CO2 bottle from them. Need my O2 bottle with out of date stamp filled. Hope I don't have any issues

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #45  
Since TSC started handling gas, having bottles that I had previously purchased, I just swap. Much easier, no 5 year inspection nuisance and cost, and gasses are priced right.

Doing similar with the little 20# LP tanks I use for the grill and portable shop heat. WW has the best prices on that swap.
The propane cylinder swap is a litte scammy. A few years back they all started filling them to 70% or so instead of the 80% fill they ca n accept. Charged the same though, despite you getting less fuel.

They also put special magnetic fill valves on their tanks so you can't fill em on your own & casn only use their service.

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #46  
OLD THREAD ALERT
OLD THREAD ALERT

I had leased my small bottles 10 years ago apparently due to the bill I just got. I'm still on the original bottle fills too. Apparently not a bad lease deal reading comments in this thread. It seemed high at first when I opened the letter so I did a search on TBN. Tanks are an AC2 and OX143 leased form a three store place in southern Missouri. $75 per tank for another 10 years.
I just talked to a lady in their office and they don't sell the small tanks.

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease?
Old thread?????? I had to look back and see this 10 year old thread and see if the one who started it is still onboard, flew the coop or maybe just has a screw loose, well good news, it's not an old thread, just a forgotten thread....

How can someone have oxy fuel ten years old and who has a ten year lease.. I just paid my 1 year oxcy fuel lease 2 days ago, $68.00. I seem to be getting along good with the new welding supply owner, he was here to deliver some 75/25 welding gas near the first of last month that my son bought. So when the owner showed up I told him up front about the oxy fuel lease that I didn't want to pay it right now because of union and company disagreement I was in and it could go on for a few more months and ask if he wanted the tanks back, he said dont worry about it keep the bottles and when things are settled I could pay the lease then, I thought that was good of him. The delivery fee is around $20.00 from 35 mi away so thats not bad I dont think, saves me the hassle.....
paoscL5h.jpg

/ Welding gas bottle, buy or lease? #48  
Most valuable piece of paper in the cylinder game is paperwork you got when you hauled de first bottle off de dock. As BTOs like Airgas buy up independents using economy of scale, they rely on you having lost original paperwork to lever the deal THEIR way. They gonna cheat you out of every penny they can.

They know that bottle nothing but an uncomfortable suppository if it ain't filled, and they got crookid agreements with other suppliers to not fill it. It's dirty business. Only thing sets companies like Airgas straight is a trip to Small Claims Court. Generally dey see da light real fast and don't want to pay for a Lawyer dey must send to Court. All hinges on de original paperwork, and no Court going to allow any supplier to convert SOLD to Leased unless the gas distributor has paperwork you signed agreeing to the change.