When your friend borrows your tractor...

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #11  
Not a stingy man by any means but I absolutely will not Loan out my tractor. I will be more than happy to help you though. I will not loan money or co-sign anything for anyone either but I will help them if able.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #12  
I have one person I will loan equipment to. Just one and I only met him last year. Great guy and he has the means to pay for anything he screws up and he has some pretty cool things I might need to borrow someday.

I feel bad for friends and family that need stuff done and don’t have the equipment to do it but it would be insane to let someone borrow a 50k piece of equipment that couldn’t cover the costs of damaging something if they did so. I try to help them when I can but borrow no way.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #13  
Or perhaps aren't as fortunate or wealthy as yourself.

Or - They make more than 2x what I do and just don't care. After all, it's not theirs. Their attitude is "If it's yours, it's your responsibility to fix it."

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #14  
Me experience has shown those least likely to know how to operate or use a loaned tool are the most likely to screw something up.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor...
Hey guys, even though y'all don't know this friend I still feel the need to defend him after leaving my original post kinda open. Seems like he looks like a crap friend to y'all right now, lol. It's all good, I was a little set off by it, but it was a pure accident, and he tried to pay for it or fix it like he has anytime something has happened. But between family and friends he's one of the few I trust with my things, and the few that I could call if I broke down three states away and he would come get me and my ride. In this case, I wanted to fix it myself just so I knew when it was fixed it was to my liking. But in general this is why I don't loan my stuff out to anyone.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #16  
Hey guys, even though y'all don't know this friend I still feel the need to defend him after leaving my original post kinda open. Seems like he looks like a crap friend to y'all right now, lol. It's all good, I was a little set off by it, but it was a pure accident, and he tried to pay for it or fix it like he has anytime something has happened. But between family and friends he's one of the few I trust with my things, and the few that I could call if I broke down three states away and he would come get me and my ride. In this case, I wanted to fix it myself just so I knew when it was fixed it was to my liking. But in general this is why I don't loan my stuff out to anyone.

A good friend is truly a blessing. Things do happen in life, even among good friends. Thanks for this explanation.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #17  
Maybe not about crap friends. People have differing values, talents and economics. If it's a fit, consider it and if not, don't. And by all means, don't feel bad about saying no.

A good friend who has done a lot for me, asked me to tow his Malibu (with my truck) from a service station to his house. Maybe a dozen miles on two lane black top. The guy is in his 80s and has poor vision. Anyway, I refused, and could tell it did not sit well with him. I do feel bad that I could not accommodate him, but sometimes common sense has to prevail.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #18  
Maybe not about crap friends. People have differing values, talents and economics. If it's a fit, consider it and if not, don't. And by all means, don't feel bad about saying no.

A good friend who has done a lot for me, asked me to tow his Malibu (with my truck) from a service station to his house. Maybe a dozen miles on two lane black top. The guy is in his 80s and has poor vision. Anyway, I refused, and could tell it did not sit well with him. I do feel bad that I could not accommodate him, but sometimes common sense has to prevail.

I would have hired a wrecker and had it hauled to his house(if you have the means). Hurt feelings can sometimes kill a good friendship.

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #19  
I'm just not going to loan out my tractor. I'll be more than happy to come help with a project, way better deal, you get the tractor and me. :D

/ When your friend borrows your tractor... #20  
I'd be ask WTH did you hit and check 3 point arms etc. for damage.